• Register
  • Help

Topic: Competitive Upgrade vs GS Upgrade to GS3... I got sent the wrong one.

Share/Bookmark

Competitive Upgrade vs GS Upgrade to GS3... I got sent the wrong one.

Hey guys,

I just got GS3 Orchestra is the mail. YAY. However I was just wondering if it makes any difference that I got sent a "Competitive Upgrade" version instead of the "Upgrade to GigaStudio 3 from a previous version gigastudio version". Both are the same price. But I was just wondering if I will have problems installing and registering my new copy of GS3.

I would appericate if someone would let me know. I dont want to open the package just in case.

Also I have a $10 off code for mltc.net (house of samples) if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
    Peter

Re: Competitive Upgrade vs GS Upgrade to GS3... I got sent the wrong one.

Wayne, you would be very wise to not open it. I believe the box with the gold "upgrade" sticker is to indicate to Tascam employees that it does not have a Key Code sticker inside the CD case. You need to call Tascam tomorrow and advise them and see what they want to do for you. They will take care of you. When you buy the original (first copy), it has a Key Code inside the CD case. When you call Tascam and pay for the upgrade, they will email you a new Key Code. Well, at least that's what they did for me.

DPDAN

Thanks for that DPDAN. I just read the side of the box and it does say that this copy of GS3 will work as an Educational or Competitive Upgrade only. You must quailfy to ulock the software...

So it looks like I'll have to email the company who i bought it from and let them know i have the wrong copy. Otherwise I'll have to call Tascam directly which would be an international call though. Hopefully I can get this sorted out soon.

Cheers

Exclamation Re: Competitive Upgrade vs GS Upgrade to GS3... I got sent the wrong one.

Hi,

I've got an educational/competitive upgrade as a GS 2.5 user. I got my authorization key without any trouble during the registration process.
    If you carefuly read the text on the side on the box you will see GS2 (any version AFAIK) is included in the qualifying products.

Btw I installed GS3 two days ago and it's just a wonderful app!!

Hope this helps.
    MichaŽl

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail
    Hi,

I've got an educational/competitive upgrade as a GS 2.5 user. I got my authorization key without any trouble during the registration process.
    If you carefuly read the text on the side on the box you will see GS2 (any version AFAIK) is included in the qualifying products.

Btw I installed GS3 two days ago and it's just a wonderful app!!

Hope this helps.
    MichaŽl
    You are right, listed amongst all the different products it does say "TASCAM GigaStudio". I cant believe I missed that. I just assumed that there was 2 different boxes. When in fact it seems that the competitive upgrade is the same as the upgrade from gigastudio. I just dont know why they are listed as different products.

Thanks MichaŽl for letting me know that your registation from GS2.5 to GS3 competitive upgrade went fine. That was exactly the infomation i was looking for. YAY, I can open the box and look at the goodies .

Hi

We sell the GS3 upgrade and this has caused more support calls than all the GS3 problems put together, and I wish that TASCAM would change the wording to make it clear.

The GS3 education/competitive upgrade IS THE SAME as the GS2 upgrade

This is also the case when you go to register it online

CHOSE the second registration option which says

To use your Educational Version or Competitive Upgrade Coupon:

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by The Pod
    Hi

We sell the GS3 upgrade and this has caused more support calls than all the GS3 problems put together, and I wish that TASCAM would change the wording to make it clear.
    I already did my upgrade from GS3 Ensemble to Orchestra, and Tascam's website states that upgrades must go through Tascam. How is it then,,, that you say you sell upgrades? I'm just curious, because it makes me think that I could have purchased the upgrade from a retailer like you and paid less.

DPDAN

We are in the UK, and can sell the upgrades - think in the US you can only get the upgrades from Tascam direct but I maybe wrong.

http://www.etcetera.co.uk/cgi/search...&searchtype=or

Go Back to forum