• Register
  • Help

Topic: Clean install Sonar Vst adaptor and Atmophere, very upset

Share/Bookmark

Angry Clean install Sonar Vst adapter and Atmophere, very upset

Well I have bun files save to disk I did a clean install and wiped my audio drive and did everything from scratch all fresh. Loaded up all my software and downloaded all my bun files. When I go to load a major project Sonar says the Atmosphere pluggin is missing. Stylus RMX did not do this as I had Stylus files on this bun project. Weird thing is that I actually had stylus on my audio drive as well as atmosphere, The thing I am thinking is that My Audio drive letter has now changed to E in stead of G. The Vst adaptor still recognizes atmosphere as being on my former drive G but it doesn't do this for Stylus RMX. Now I have to go through almost the entire Atmosphere library to find two of the sounds. Yes maby I should have labeled the midi tracks according the name of the Atmosphere presets but I didn't. Is there away this can be fixed. I also have a couple other projects the same way. Not what I thought would happen. The fact is Atmosphere is on and working but doesn't seem to be seen with former projects. This is horrible.

Re: Clean install Sonar Vst adaptor and Atmophere, very upset

Quote Originally Posted by Briguy
    The Vst adaptor still recognizes atmosphere as being on my former drive G but it doesn't do this for Stylus RMX.
    Is there a way of making your VST adapter rescan for plugins? I seem to remeber something about "Reset All".

In the future, I think the easiest solution is to keep your drive letters the same, so Sonar doesn't think anything has changed.

I've seen this once, I'm pretty sure it's a VST Adapter issue, and another reason why I'd really like to see Spectrasonics consider DXi native support. SONAR is a good platform...and the 64bit direction is very exciting to me.
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Unhappy Re: Clean install Sonar Vst adaptor and Atmophere, very upset

Quote Originally Posted by David Abraham Fenton
    I've seen this once, I'm pretty sure it's a VST Adapter issue, and another reason why I'd really like to see Spectrasonics consider DXi native support. SONAR is a good platform...and the 64bit direction is very exciting to me.
    Yes David you are right about the the adapter issue. The adapter is referencing and registry number no longer in my registry.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    In the future, I think the easiest solution is to keep your drive letters the same, so Sonar doesn't think anything has changed.
    What has happened is that previously before the clean install on both drives I had 2 partitions on both drives. I eliminated them and only have a standard partition on each drive now. So now Atmosphere is looking for drive "G" and the old Registry number. What sucks is that I have a project that is all atmosphere and in my fault of failing to lable my tracks according to presets is causing me to become very uptight about the issue. Oh well I might have to part with a really cool piece.

In windows xp it is possible to reassign drive letters in some cases. Perhaps you could do so long enough to open your projects and label the tracks in sonar with the atmosphere voice names?

Trond

Go Back to forum