• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GigaStudio, Sonar, and Aardvark 24/96 soundcard... how do I mix it all together?

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio, Sonar, and Aardvark 24/96 soundcard... how do I mix it all together?

Hi folks... I\'m need some help

Running Aardvark\'s XP ASIO drivers...
    Sonar 2.2 utilizing audio ports 1,2
    GigaStudio utilzing audio ports 3,4 (separate, like Tascam suggests)

(I use a few NI softsynths through Sonar so their output is needed on 1,2)

Question: How do I mix these outputs (1,2,3,4) together into one stereo .wav file? My SoundForge editor will only record from either Aardvark\'s 1,2 or 3,4 ports... not both [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Is there a mastering software that can do this? The 24/96 does have a S/PDIF digital out but I\'d like to mix these internally if I can.

Thanks for any help,
    Jon

Re: GigaStudio, Sonar, and Aardvark 24/96 soundcard... how do I mix it all together?

set a track \'Sourse\' to intput stereo 5,6, arm the track and hit record. this will record what you hear out of your monitors (make sure your mic is turned off or it will record that, too).

Aark\'s 24/96 input 5,6 has this ability to \'record what you hear\'. If you want to record in mono, then set it to input 5,6 right or left. i use it all the time. aark\'s got nice converter\'s.

Aark\'s 5,6 are virtual inputs. So don\'t look go looking for actual inputs. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: GigaStudio, Sonar, and Aardvark 24/96 soundcard... how do I mix it all together?

Marty, are you getting Gigastudio and Sonar to run concurrently with the Aardvark Direct Pro? I had seen posts in the Tascam site that made it sound like many people cannot get the Aardvark drivers to work right with that combo. I\'m still running Windows 98SE and Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 with Gigastudio because the Aardvark Direct Pro works very, very well with that combo.

Doug

Marty you\'re a genius!... thanks! Worked like a charm. All I did was set SoundForge\'s device applet to 5/6 and it recorded everything. Thanks again!

And Doug, I\'ve been running Sonar and Gigastudio with Aardvark\'s XP 7.04 drivers for about six months now. No problems whatsoever on a Athlon 1.8 GHz/512MB system, though like you said, I have seen others complain about them.

Jon

I\'m still using Cake 9 with Giga 160 and Aark 24/96 latest driver (can\'t remember the number now).

JWB, one more thng I wanted to tell you is that if you\'re getting signals that are too hot while recording into Input 5,6, open Aark Manager and adjust the master faders there- in your case turn down 3,4 output which is your Giga output.

Jon, I\'m glad to hear that the Aardvark XP/Gigastudio drivers are working well for some.
    While I\'m not ready to get a new XP setup yet, it\'ll make me a little less hesitant when I am ready to get a new computer.

Doug

Jon -

I had the same thoughts as you when I was reading the messages on the Tascam site. I kept expecting to see a bunch of messages from people responding, saying they were having no problems. Instead, the same three people kept complaining that the Aardark drivers did not work with Gigastudio for XP. Hopefully, the drivers work great for the vast majority of the people, and it was just some of the few with problems that were conversing on that thread.

Doug

Well.. Aardvark\'s reputation has definitely been hurt by its lack of driver support, especially when other companies are releasing new ones every four or five months. Plus, their products tend to cost more than the competition. I saw that thread to and I thought the same thing as you did.
    IMO... the DP 24/96 has been a great product. Sure, I had to wait for GSIF support after I bought it, but what product does everything right out of the box? The fact is that for me, the 7.04 drivers work perfectly in XP and as you can see, with Marty\'s help I found a new trick this unit is capable of!

Well.. Aardvark\'s reputation has definitely been hurt by its lack of driver support, especially when other companies are releasing new ones every four or five months. Plus, their products tend to cost more than the competition. I saw that thread to and I thought the same thing as you did.
    IMO... the DP 24/96 has been a great product. Sure, I had to wait for GSIF support after I bought it, but what product does everything right out of the box? The fact is that for me, the 7.04 drivers work perfectly in XP and as you can see, with Marty\'s help I found a new trick this unit is capable of!

Go Back to forum