• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: What is strangest message you've gotten on your answering machine? Try this one.

Share/Bookmark

OT: What is strangest message you've gotten on your answering machine? Try this one.

OK, can your story beat this one? [click here] This sound file has the strangest message (I assume real life example) that an AM talk-DJ played on the air. It is a message from an employee calling in to his boss to tell him that he would be late for work.
    Be patient...by the middle of this sound clip you are certain to have a big grin plastered across your face. Else that, or you'll be rollin' on the floor
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

Re: OT: What is strangest message you've gotten on your answering machine? Try this one.

I haven't laughed so hard in a while, thanks! Poor guy . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: OT: What is strangest message you've gotten on your answering machine? Try this one.

It won't let me play it...

Thumbs up Re: OT: What is strangest message you've gotten on your answering machine? Try this one.

OK, that was great and now that I peed my pants here is my true story -
    I was home from work one day about ten years ago and the phone rang. I picked it up and the conversation went in the callers favor. Something like this,
    Hello!
    Goddang it SAM!, where the He-l have you been for three days!
    Excuse me, who is this?
    You know very well who this -- this is ... IT'S YOUR WIFE STUPID!
    No, I'm afraid not, my name isn't ...
    Don't try to pull that Sh -- on me you lying son of a --tch!
    GETCHUR AZZ HOME RIGHT NOW!
    Lady, I don't know who you are but ...
    IF I HAVE TO COME OVER THERE AND PULL YOUR SCRAWNY LITTLE AZZ OUT OF THAT HOUSE YOUR GONNA REGRET IT TILL THE DAY YOU DIE!
    But lady ...
    THAT'S IT SAM, I'M COMIN OVER ...
    LADY! LADY! HEY LADY LISTEN, I'M NOT SAM!!!

Several moments of silence ... and,

Oh - Sorry sir, I dialed the wrong number. Click

No Shighst, this really happened. Best phone call I ever got but woe to Sam when she found him! I wonder if she ever did find Sam?
    Styxx

Styxx, you should've played along . . . of course, you might've gotten Sam killed . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

I got one from Tim Skold (Shotgun Messiah/KMFDM) asking about the G-707 I used to have for sale (which actually got sold previously to Amir Derakh (Orgy, Rough Cutt)).

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

My parents always asked me to record the message that callers hear on the machine. As a joke, I recorded the message as an old british guy who kept saying "Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP" A pause, then "Ha! I tricked you!"

Well, my parents thought it was funny, so my dad decided to leave a joke message as well, so he recorded a message as a really stupid hill-billy accented guy yelling at the caller to leave their message. My brother even made background hill-billy noises laughing and saying "Come on, Pa!" It was just a joke message, and my father was suppose to turn it back to the real message when he was done playing around.

Well, we went to a wedding that summer, and we were gone for some time. When we returned . . . well, you know. Some might still think we're a bunch of stupid hill-billies . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

This is a phone call that happened in my neck of the woods. Great story.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/asylum/fbipizza.asp

Toonyfish

Go Back to forum