• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Number 1 in "Classical"

Share/Bookmark

Talking A Number 1 in "Classical"

Although this particular piece steadfastly resisted my attempts to "modernize" it, I went ahead and posted it on AcidPlanet (I'm "Kauai Symphony Orquester" there) and -- surprise of surprises! -- it climbed up to #1 in New Classical in about 20 hours.

It's Serenade for Franz. (The number 1 in Classical page is here, but it could be out of that slot by the time you view that.)

It's partially GPO and partially "other".

Enjoy! KevinKauai

Re: A Number 1 in "Classical"

Kevin,

Congrats man and once again, nice tune. However, the English horn melody is quite as singable as your last tune! :-)

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Thumbs up Re: A Number 1 in "Classical"

Well that was inciting to try but couldn't download to play. Regardless, I am sure the piece is well deserving of its current distinction!
    Styxx

Lightbulb Re: A Number 1 in "Classical"

Styxx --

I forgot to mention that AcidPlanet default format is WMA (I do mine at 64K in deference to dial-up folk). You get that (by default) from hitting the "PLAY >" button on the song page. To download other formats (if the artist has make them available) you need to be a registered Use.

Try the default WMA -- it's not as HiFi as the MP3 (and if you want the MP3, just register -- then you can also leave "reviews").

KevinKauai

Horray Kevin!

Congratulations again. Kev is being modest but this isn't the first time he has been number 1!

Well deserved!

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: A Number 1 in "Classical"

OH my God Kevin! Can I get private lessons from the master? Geezzz, your music is ... well ... I'm speechless. It's been along time since something has struck so deep inside the heart and soul as your music does!
    Darn straight this is number 1!
    Styxx

congrats kevin.
    nice music.

Wink Re: A Number 1 in "Classical"

All of my polytonalism for the week decided to come out in two other tracks: "A Disquieting Nervousness" (posted on AcidPlanet here) and in a piece not yet published anywhere (perhaps not finished?) called "A Quiet Illusion") which is here in HiFi and LoFi.

Comments and brickbats encouraged and welcomed!

KevinKauai

Exclamation Re: A Number 1 in "Classical"

BUMP!

The lack of response is overwhelming. I'm going to stop posting pieces here since only 3 or 4 people of the entire forum leave any feedback.

Change my mind about that!

KevinKauai

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    All of my polytonalism for the week decided to come out in two other tracks: "A Disquieting Nervousness" (posted on AcidPlanet here) and in a piece not yet published anywhere (perhaps not finished?) called "A Quiet Illusion") which is here in HiFi and LoFi.

Comments and brickbats encouraged and welcomed!

KevinKauai
    Sorry- I get busy and don't listen to all the stuff in the demos section!
    I think Disqueting would be awesome with a spinning Saul Bass title sequence. Not really my bag but it flows nicely. What's doing the voices??

The other is very nice. Dissonant but still melodic. I like the bells.
    Everything you do is top-notch, kevin!!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast