• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BARDSTOWN AUDIO ANNOUNCES NEW ACOUSTIC UPRIGHT BASS!

Share/Bookmark

BARDSTOWN AUDIO ANNOUNCES NEW ACOUSTIC UPRIGHT BASS!

Bardstown Audio is most pleased to announce our new Acoustic Upright Bass, titled "THE BASS."

Here are links to a couple of demos featuring "THE BASS" and the Bardstown Audio "Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Model 290."

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/bass01.mp3

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/tunisia.mp3

Listen to these demos and go to our web site in order to read the complete details about "THE BASS," in order to see and hear why this new acoustic upright bass from Bardstown Audio is many giant steps ahead of any other sampled acoustic upright bass that is available.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Re: BARDSTOWN AUDIO ANNOUNCES NEW ACOUSTIC UPRIGHT BASS!

Kip,

It sounds great - best of luck with the new library!

Glad you went with the Bmm Bmm Bmm Bmm Bmm instead of the BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Banned

Or the

dow dow da dow da da DOWWWW dow dow dow dow dow dow.

Though that would be pretty cool, on a scale from one to awesome.

- Stefan

Alan, your sampled instruments sound wonderful as well, and best wishes to you and your business!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bardstown Audio
    Alan, your sampled instruments sound wonderful as well, and best wishes to you and your business!
    Thanks Kip.

Have you tried any Mingus with your new bass? I know you wouldn't be able to post it publicly, but maybe post your impressions of how well it would handle his playing? I've been looking for the Charlie Mingus sound for a while.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Or do what you did with "Tunisia". Do something similar to a Mingus tune, but deviate enough to avoid lawsuit...

Thumbs up Re: BARDSTOWN AUDIO ANNOUNCES NEW ACOUSTIC UPRIGHT BASS!

Very nice indeed! Fits in great with your other **exceptionally** great sample libraries.

Alan, this new acoustic upright bass is extremely well suited for Charlie Mingus style music. Personally I play many forms of jazz music, in addition to many other music styles as well, and the Mingus style is among those forms of jazz music that I love to play.

I had a selfish motive in producing "THE BASS" because I wanted an acoustic upright bass to perfectly fit the sound I like to hear on a bass with gut strings rather than steel strings. No other sampled acoustic upright basses that are available have the right sound. I am extremely well pleased with the sound of THE BASS from Bardstown Audio because it definitely has the precise sound for all jazz music where an acoustic bass is appropriate. Personally I play piano, vibes, marimba, acoustic and electric archtop jazz guitar, classical guitar, accordion, drum set, and percussion instruments. Acoustic bass is one instrument that I have not mastered, so I am extremely pleased to have this new 24 bit 96k sampled acoustic upright bass in my collection of instruments. It most definitely has the holy grail sound for an acoustic upright bass.

"The Bass" from Bardstown Audio is extremely well suited for all jazz music (including Mingus) where an acoustic upright bass is appropriate, swing, latin, rockabilly, pop, western swing, country, bluegrass, ethnic, and 60's style folk music.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by sporter
    Very nice indeed! Fits in great with your other **exceptionally** great sample libraries.
    Sporter, thanks so much for your compliments!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Sharmy, thanks so much for your compliments and wishes!

A friend of mine in Louisville (John Bizianes) played and sequenced Tunisia. The other demo was from a "canned" midi sequence from PG Music's "Jazz Pianist."

There are no articulations such as slides on THE BASS. The reason I don't sample such things is because the user would have to have the precise tempo in their music that these articulations were sample recorded at in order for such articulations to sound acceptable, and at best these type of articulations tend to sound rather cheesy. The musician in me when doing my own personal music does not like to have to mess around with such articulations and technical things on sampled instruments such as key switching, etc. I like to be able to sit down at a keyboard and just play music without having to get technical. I designed and programmed THE BASS to be most playable and realistic just by playing straight from the keyboard controller.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum