• Register
  • Help

Topic: Daughter Like Father

Share/Bookmark

Daughter Like Father

I've been teaching my one in only daughter the ins and outs of using GPO and everything else that goes with composing on PC. She is a music / theatre major and for the past year has been studying composition. Now, it's time to start handing over the reins like every father dreams. Soon, she will be joining our community of excellent musicians. Be forewarned, she is just as crazy as her old man! (maybe crazier!)
    I've already given her most of my equipment in preparation of my retirement coming in the near future. She will also be listing on my website and posting her first demo hopefully sometime soon.
    Thanks people.
    Styxx

Re: Daughter Like Father

Awesome! I look forward to hearing some of her pieces! And I believe craziness is always a plus . . .

And as far as I can tell, this will be the first use of GPO for more than one of member of the family . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

It will take some time before she gets enough nerve to post. She has just started studying music notation, theory, composition ect this past year and her confidence is growing slowly but surely. He biggest hurdle is learning piano and reading. We'll give her time but she better hurry up I am not getting any younger here!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Be forewarned, she is just as crazy as her old man! (maybe crazier!)
    Is that possible? A chip off the old block. Tell her she gets her very own GPO (on the house) so she doesn't have to share with Papa.

Music is one of the best things you can pass down to a child. If she has your sense of humor Styxx, she is doubly blessed.

Gary

She's excited!
    I think I am going to have to update her equipment so any suggestions would be most helpful. Bare in mind, she doesn't need a whole recording studio just something to get her up and running with what is required.
    Yup, pretty excited!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    She's excited!
    I think I am going to have to update her equipment so any suggestions would be most helpful. Bare in mind, she doesn't need a whole recording studio just something to get her up and running with what is required.
    Yup, pretty excited!
    ha,ha....if she is serious about it, she will soon need more stuff...a 23 inch monitor, a Digidesign audio interface, Genelec monitors, GOS, Gary's Big Band, EWQSLO (platinum. of course.... , ) VSL (Turbo edition....) Sibelius, Finale, a.s.f and a Mercedes van to carry all this things around.

Iwan

HA! She already has the Mercedes now all she needs is the rest!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum