• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga .gsp file used to have 25 instruments, now it's got 5??

Share/Bookmark

Re: Giga .gsp file used to have 25 instruments, now it\'s got 5??

Did you put all the samples back in the same directories? I think GSP files may require the GIG files to be in the same place as you loaded them from originally.

Nope, they\'re now on my D: drive instead of C:. But that doesn\'t seem to stop the rest of my .gsp files. Maybe just a fluke...

Giga .gsp file used to have 25 instruments, now it\'s got 5??

I\'m not sure what happened here.. I formatted my machine & reinstalled everything. Other gsp files load up just fine.. but this particular one for some reason refuses to load but 5 samples. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it, besides loading all the stuff again manually and resaving the file?

Thanks

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hi Sam,

First, don\'t re-save that file!!

I have only seen Giga fail to load a GSP file fully when something changes about the GIG files it is referencing.

Are all the files the same version as they were on the other drive? Are you sure every GIG file transferred? Watching the \"meter\" as the GSP loads, can you tell what file it\'s trying to find?

Things to try:

Make sure you didn\'t overlook transferring a GIG file to your new drive.

Force Giga to reprofile the machine\'s drives again.

Hey Bruce, thanks for the reply.

No, I\'m totally positive everything transferred over just fine.. no changes at all. I did a direct copy from C:\\Gigs to D:\\Gigs.

I\'m just going to have to re-load everything.. no big deal really. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum