• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Broken headphones

Share/Bookmark

Broken headphones

Why? I take off my head phones, about to go to bed, and one ear side just falls off. No sound. By observing the plastic, I have no idea how it broke, and there's no way to reconnect it. And these were some nice big cover-your-whole-ear-and-let-no-sound-escape earphones . . . Why? I've been using them for three or four years, I guess they got worn out. What am I going to use now? I don't have speakers . . . I'm in a college dorm.

And I just made my dad buy me a piano book because I am broke . . . I have no money for new head phones. What the heck am I going to do? *laughy whine*

And did you know that's as many smilies I'm allowed to post? I tried posting more, but it wouldn't let me . . . hmmmm
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Broken headphones

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    By observing the plastic, I have no idea how it broke, and there's no way to reconnect it. And these were some nice big cover-your-whole-ear-and-let-no-sound-escape earphones . . . What am I going to use now? I don't have speakers . . . I'm in a college dorm.
    Well, Sean, at least you're smiling. Go to a pawn shop and see what they have. Just make sure they don't try to sell you a ten year old pair for ten bucks more than they retailed for. Lot's of times there is nice stuff in pawn shops near colleges and Army bases, because these youngsters will trade their good stereo and camera stuff for cash to drink with.
    Just an idea you never know. Go to a hobby shop and buy some sho goo, you can put anything back together with that stuff, it may not be pretty, but it will stay together, that's an easy two dollar repair to your good ol' trusty headphones.
    DPDAN

Wink Re: Broken headphones

Get a bungee cord and wrap it several times around the broken phone and your head. (Oh, lawd -- I'm channeling Styxx!)

KevinKauai

P.S. But seriously ... good luck!

You could try "Trew Audio" online, they have parts to fix many of the most popular headphones, though it's been awhile since I tried them...

Thumbs up Re: Broken headphones

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    Get a bungee cord and wrap it several times around the broken phone and your head. (Oh, lawd -- I'm channeling Styxx!)

KevinKauai

P.S. But seriously ... good luck!
    Ha! All I have to do is figure out how to channel Kevin and I'll start writing some great music too!

Two Words - SUPER GLUE!
    Styxx

Duct Tape. It fixes everything!

Thank you for all the responses! Maybe I can solder it . . .

Well, the school bookstore / gift shop has some cheapy headphones, I'll probably get one of those . . . but these were my really good headphones. I'll have to give them a proper burial.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Well, . Lot's of times there is nice stuff in pawn shops near colleges and Army bases, because these youngsters will trade their good stereo and camera stuff for cash to drink with.

DPDAN
    Makes me wonder if we were in the same army.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Thank you for all the responses! Maybe I can solder it . . .
    Unless you blew up the coil in the driver, heck yes- solder those suckers!! Waste not, want not! It sounds like you just pulled the wire off.

Ha! I have three sets sitting on my self that need soldering. You'ld think I would get my act together and get them up and running. Nope, I just keep buying more when they are priced right!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum