• Register
  • Help

Topic: Capturing in anything above 44.1??? Help!

Share/Bookmark

Capturing in anything above 44.1??? Help!

Okay, so don't laugh at my ignorance.

I tried to capture in GS3 at different sample rates to compare quality.

I don't understand. If I set giga to anything above 44.1 and set my Audiophile 2496 to the corresponding sample rate, I get high pitched squeeling on the recording. I even downloaded the Rbrain rate converter and when converted to 44.1 it still sounds weird?

Can someone help me? I know I'm tool, but what am I doing wrong?

Re: Capturing in anything above 44.1??? Help!

Anyone????? Bueller?

I have had the same problem with gs3 and audiophile 24/96 -- never read any observations on how to fix it. But you know, with the 24/96, you can record from the "monitor mixer" into whatever audio software you use. Just set gigastudio to one of the two outputs, then in the m-audio control panel set that output as an input to the mixer, then record in your audio software from the mixer. I do this with samplitude, sharing a computer with gs3. And am pretty sure that sonar works the same way.

Thanks for the info. Has anyone else been able to capture direct in Gigastudio 3 at rates above 44.1?

Still cannot rewire Giga3 into anything above 44.1 -- even when my m-Audio Delta 1010 and Sonar are locked at 96K. The notes are pitch-shifted up as if Giga3 is rewiring at 44.1... Unbelievable - they say GS3 supports rewire. UGH!!!!

WHEN, if ever, will we be able to rewire GS3 at anything above 44.1?

Go Back to forum