• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with 1.53 upgrade

Share/Bookmark

Problems with 1.53 upgrade

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.53 and it seems to be a change for the worse.

Upon clicking the icon, it takes about 30 seconds or more for the Kontakt browser to come up.

My multis load at an extremely slow pace.

Does anyone know the best way to uninstall the upgrade and roll back to my earlier version without going through the process of registering or re-registering the product again?

Marko

Re: Problems with 1.53 upgrade

I think I got it back to where I want it. When I upgraded I checked the rollback option and it proved useful. I had to retype the serial number and reauthorize, but it used the same authorization file from when I first loaded Kontakt.

Does anyone else have problems with very slow launching of Kontakt 1.53 and similarly slow loading of multis? By comparison, K 1.5 launches instantaneously and my multis load much faster.

If this is an old issue I apologize for the distraction.

Marko

There is a new option in Kontakt 1.53 that locks swap memory. You need to go into the options and uncheck this option. That will speed up loading as in the earlier versions.

Haydn,

Thanks for the tip.

Will this also speed up the initial launching of Kontakt when I first click on the icon?

I use Kontakt as a VST plugin inside Sonar and it usually takes no more than a couple seconds to load. Most of the time is loading samples.

Thanks again.

I'll give it another try.

Go Back to forum