• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: should I buy Stylus RMX?

Share/Bookmark

should I buy Stylus RMX?

I`ve been thinking about purchasing stylus rmx but would like to know a few things: Is it easy to use? Good for all styles of music? what are some of the percussion sounds included?

thanks in advance

Rick

Talking Re: should I buy Stylus RMX?

Quote Originally Posted by sunra
    I`ve been thinking about purchasing stylus rmx but would like to know a few things: Is it easy to use? Good for all styles of music? what are some of the percussion sounds included?

thanks in advance

Rick
    100% go fo it. It's simple to use and if it's not... then after watching video tutorials included it will be.
    i think that it can be used for all kinds of music... if not with included lib then for suer with expanders...
    GO FOR IT MAN !

Re: should I buy Stylus RMX?

It is one of the best products that I have bought as far as I can remember. I actually find it a better deal and a bigger bang for the buck than the QLSO Group Buy!

One thing to keep in mind is that it's mostly a loop workstation and not a single hits type of thing. It does have single hits and kits but they are not as flexible as using dedicated products for that type of thing, so make sure that if you buy it, you realize that you're mostly buying it for the loops.

Other than that, I think S RMX should be up for several awards for most innovative product of the year, it does so many things right that I hope other manufacturers take a serious look at the ease of use and power and try to emulate it.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Yes!

When you get the hang of converting REX into the system -- your range is close to infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by sunra
    I`ve been thinking about purchasing stylus rmx
    if you dont have a modern pc with at least a gig of ram u better invest in that first

Talking Re: should I buy Stylus RMX?

Quote Originally Posted by wind
    if you dont have a modern pc with at least a gig of ram u better invest in that first
    Yes. I double that.... SRMX is a very RAM Hungry

If you use loops even a little bit I'd say go for it. RMX is one of those rare products that actually lives up to the hype.

As for styles, the core library leans a bit to dance-oriented (ok I still haven't auditioned the whole thing) but there's quite a bit a variety. The SAGE expanders give you more targeted styles.

My only (minor) gripe is that I have to shell out another $200.00 for Recycle if I want to convert my multi-gigabyte Acid loop library to RMX via .rex. (hint, hint - not everybody owns Recycle).

That being said, I've added RMX to pretty much all of my Sonar templates.
    - Layne

No....don't buy it !!!!! Its horrible, It will destroy your computer! It will drain every creative resource you have in your soul!!!!

Dont do it!!!!!

OK, now the rest of you can relax, as you know that I'm full of it and being mellodramatic. But seriously, the fewer people that buy it, the more I might be able to capitalize on its tremendous sound as unique .

Oh well, I tried!

Iwill never begin to comprehend the logic of anyone who hasn't given their left nut for this gem. figure out the rest yourself..........

Wink Re: should I buy Stylus RMX?

Well...you can probably guess my answer to this question....

;-)

spectrum

Hey Eric!

I have a question for you regarding this issue of REX files , Acidized files and apple loops etc etc..
    All those formats ( although proprietary) use more or less the same approach creating slices of audio to be triggered by a midi engine.
    Now , would it be possible to implement an import protocol on RMX to load
    Acidized wave files or even Apple loops??? I know that the groove control technology is another proprietary protocol and Spectrasonics has total quality control and , in that respect, delivers flawless midi manipulations.
    Why can RMX import REX files created by Recycle and can't import Acid files??
    Is there an issue with quality control?? copyrights???

thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter!

best regards,

Yves

Go Back to forum