• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio v1.2 installation question

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio v1.2 installation question

In my case, I have long ago installed the latest GPO Studio v1.2 on my computer. But recently I have downloaded and installed the (Oct.'04) NI updates.
    Now, here's what I have observed:
    -- the physical appearance of GPO does not change to match the new standalone player. Here is the appearance of GPO Studio. Notice the missing up-and-down arrows:

And here is the appearance of the updated standalone GPO. Notice that the new up-and-down arrows are certainly present:

And finally, those of you with multichannel sound cards are familiar with this:

This is where one can assign audio channels per each slot in the kontakt player. Even though both GPO studio and standalone look the same, they do not behave the same. That is, in the standalone I can indeed successfully assign independent audio outs, but in GPO Studio, I cannot. I can only make one audio output work for all the slots in the player. Its deceptive, because it behaves as though I can assign each output independently (eg, 3/4, 5/6 7/8, etc), but in reality, all slots ultimately end up in my '1/2' audio channel no matter what they are assigned to (I am using an M-Audio Delta 1010).
    Has anyone else noticed this difference between the two player modes as well? So, is all (or any) of my observations normal? Is it recommended that I uninstall GPO Studio v1.2 (since I installed the other updates subsequent to that)? ...and following that is when I should (re)install GPO Studio v1.2 to get it to follow suit with the appearance and functionalities of the NI update?
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

Re: GPO Studio v1.2 installation question

Can't see the pictures, but it looks like the upgrade missed the GPO Studio VST folder during installation. Do this. Go to C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\GPO Studio\VST Plugins and make sure its the proper version number.

It most likely isn't, so copy the VST .dll file from C:\Programs Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\VST Plugins and paste it in the Studio VST plugin folder.

I think these directories are right, but dig around and you'll figure it out.

Thanks for the quick reply Joeseph!
    Can't see the pictures, ...
    Sorry 'bout that! Should be fixed now, though.
    ...but it looks like the upgrade missed the GPO Studio VST folder during installation. Do this. Go to C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\GPO Studio\VST Plugins and make sure its the proper version number.
    Well, the only VST plug in that folder is the Ambience plug-in. BUT...I just discovered that it was pointing to the VST folder in Cubase! So, I copied the VST .dll file from C:\Programs Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\VST Plugins and pasted it in the Cubase VST plugin folder. Ok...let's test it..yup! that fixes the missing arrows problem. Thanks JB!

Ooops!! But no joy with respect to the audio outputs problem. Has that been properly tested? Is any one able to tell me that they can assign GPO Studio's output to separate physical outs on your multichannel sound card?

Again, there seems to be no problem in independent audio output assignments with stand alone GPO.
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

I don't think assigning independant outputs from Studio works at this time.

Go Back to forum