• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Eric of Synful silience

Share/Bookmark

Eric of Synful silience

Eric of Synful, has been very quiet post NAMM. No (post NAMM) updates to the news section of his site, no additions to the user demos of his site (even though new good demos keep showing up on the forums), no posts on forums (he was a bit of a regular).

Poll: Is he:

A) Negotiating with some large company to get bought out or merged into?
    . a. Which company?
    B) Based on initial community comments improving his v1 software.
    . a. Code changes?
    . b. Adding better additive sample material?
    C) Based on initial community comments about price, splitting up the instruments into cheaper priced sets?
    . a. Which set would you buy?
    . b. What price point would guarantee him huge sales?
    D) Forming a new company with Ray Kurwiel where they will sell a screen saver softsynth that can emulate the natural singing voice of the most famous Opera Tenors using a computer mouse with scroll wheel as a controller.
    And the correct answer is:
    I do not know, just being silly about his silence, but on the speculative side he is a coder and did comment on this forum about possibly doing B and C to some extent and of course given the amazing nature of the product and it’s groundbreaking potential, A is a strong possibility given that NAMM is where “meetings” happen and it was the last time we heard from him. I hope he stays away from D, although I can often forgive Ray’s forays into wackiness (ie Ramona his alternative female VR alterego) because my first real keyboard (not counting my Casio CZ) was a K1000, I rather have Eric coding synful than writing books about how we will all be robots one day (probably musical ones).

Anyway, anyone else want to pontificate on what Mr. Lindemann might be up to?

-blue

Re: Eric of Synful silience

Maybe he's given up Synning for Lent.

I found lint in my belly button once

Actually Eric is working on shoring up the library with some new surprises and additions. Since he is also overseeing R&D it might explain the silence here.

I was pretty disappointed to hear back from him the other day that the Synful Orchestra demo doesn't work with Logic for PC, and since Logic support is discontinued on PC there are no plans to remedy this. I'm not sure if this is an Emagic related thing or not, but I'm sure there are still lots of us PC Logic folks out here who are interested. Oh well. I guess I save a few hundred there to spend on Symphonic Choirs instead.

Eric was one of those NAMM surprises that turn up every few years. He only managed to get a small booth at the bottom of the world (Hall E) but had a stream of notable visitors not only marvelling at his technology but his performance skills also. He's a true genius and you can expect big things from this technology in the future.

- Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dougrogers
    Eric was one of those NAMM surprises that turn up every few years. He only managed to get a small booth at the bottom of the world (Hall E) but had a stream of notable visitors not only marvelling at his technology but his performance skills also. He's a true genius and you can expect big things from this technology in the future.

- Doug
    Agreed, he's right up there with Moog IMHO. I know for a fact that he has been seen with Gary Garritan (well there's a picture of them together on the Garritan forum!). When I first heard his violin I, and others, said that an experienced businessman should get together with him for their mutual benefit.

What he has done is totally innovative and has no competition as far as I can hear. All the more impressive because this is the initial release all developed and funded by one man....Eric Lindeman.....Admirable stuff indeed!

A hard working innovator like Eric deserves the support of an equally talented businessman, if there's any justice in this world.......Who's it to be???

Frank

So, it's the Steve Wozniak and Bill Gates of the sampling world, eh?

I can't wait to see how Synful develops. Eric really has the basis of something astounding. It just needs a few tweaks.

Maybe Eric is sleeping 20 hours a day, recovering from NAMM and all of the work he did to get there!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    So, it's the Steve Wozniak and Bill Gates of the sampling world, eh?

I can't wait to see how Synful develops. Eric really has the basis of something astounding. It just needs a few tweaks.
    Yes he is and I don't think it's nice to take the piss!!

Frank

Go Back to forum