• Register
  • Help

Topic: Advantage(s) of kernel-level GSIF-2 MIDI

Share/Bookmark

Advantage(s) of kernel-level GSIF-2 MIDI

Specifically, just what is the supposed advantage of having "kernel-level" GSIF-2 MIDI functionality on a sound card?

I keep hearing comments to the effect that "it doesn't make much difference" -- but regardless of whether it's a large or important difference, I still don't know what that difference is supposed to be, true or not.

Aloha,
    --jt

P.S. This question was originally posted on another thread -- but I realized it was probably straying too far afield from the original issue, so I have repeated it here. Sorry if I'm breaking an etiquette rule.
    justin thyme

Re: Advantage(s) of kernel-level GSIF-2 MIDI

There are three components:

Audio outputs: no change from GSIF-1
    Audio inputs: new. Didn't exist with GSIF-1
    MIDI inputs: lower latency. I'm not sure exactly how much lower, but every little bit helps.

-JF

Mahalo nui loa (thanks very much! in Hawaiian), Jon -- at last, a concise explanation that makes sense. I appreciate your response.

Aloha,
    --jt
    justin thyme

No problem. Say "hi" to Danimal to me. He apparently lives in a part of Hawaii called "North Dakota".

-JF

Pehea oe? <<<< Did I get that right? I am on the Leeward side, North Dakota island. Lot's of Swedes and Norwegians on this little isle. Boat on over hoaaloha <<<<Did I get that right also?
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Go Back to forum