• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sean Hannifin plays the piano

Share/Bookmark

Talking Sean Hannifin plays the piano

I just started practicing the keyboard on Wednesday, and I'm already a virtuoso! Well, not quite . . .

This is me playing live after three nights of practice . . . hopefully I can keep up the routine of practicing every night . . .

http://www.wizardwalk.com/music/Piano1.mp3

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Sean Hannifin plays the piano

For just 3 nights, I'm very impressed!! Keep up the good work! You'll be sounding like me in no time!!

Ah, good ol' five-note piano practice music... I have to laugh because I too am in your boat. Just started taking lessons last week so I can hopefully pass my school's piano proficiency requirement by the end of the semester. Keep at it! We'll have to have a competition some time.

Thanks for the feedback! Since I've been writing music for a while, it's about time I learn to play something. Usually it's the other way around: a person learns to play an instrument and then begins composing.

Anyway, it's great to see that there are others that in my boat! Although I'm sure I'd lose any competition I partake in . . .

I'd love to be able to take formal lessons with a teacher, but my funds (which are $0 right now , I'm living off my parents) do not permit that, so I'm using piano books which falcon1 was kind enough to recommend (thanks falcon!) :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...401103-9024640

And my parents had to pay for those too . . . The joys of being young . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Thumbs up Re: Sean Hannifin plays the piano

Oh man Yani move over here comes Sean!
    Awesome buddy, keep it up and we should have another concert pianist soon!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Sean, that's awesome for 3 nights practice! Can you dig up a clarinet player, a trumpet player, and a trombonist if I die sometime this week!? I've got it in my will "I want Sean's dixieland band to play at my funeral!!!"

Ern
    Me playing the piano at a funeral would ensure that people cry . . .

In all seriousness, I think I'm ready to audition for a performance . . . of John Cage's silent piece.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Hey, seriously- you're sounding good!! Good meter, good eveness. You must be a natural!

nice. brings back memories of the days when I was first starting out.
    Tim

Atta boy Sean ! I am proud of you. In no time flat you will be playing Liszt's
    La Campanella !

Keep up the good work Sean. Don't give up.

P.S.

I still listen to Octet in A minor.
    Love it.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Thanks for the additional feedback! It is very encouraging. I hope to get some practice time in tonight . . . I'm on page 37 out of 95 . . . about 38.95% through the first book (I think there are six books in all). The hard part is that the lessons get more challenging as you go along, so it takes more practice. The good news is that I don't have to spend a bunch of time thinking about which note is which. Since I've been composing, I've gotten pretty fimiliar with reading music, and it is a handy skill when learning the piano! I just must work on the finger motor skill and coordination. My pinkies are already becoming stronger!

I'm glad to see you still listen to the Octet! Technically, I haven't really finished anything since then . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Go Back to forum