• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Project SAM True Strike and EWQLSO

Share/Bookmark

Project SAM True Strike and EWQLSO

Is anyone using the Project SAM True Strike library together with EWQLSO? I'm wondering how well the three mic positions in True Strike blend with the three mic positions in EWQLSO.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Re: Project SAM True Strike and EWQLSO

Bump. Maybe no-one is using these libraries together?

Darn.

Steve

Maybe it's a sample format issue and people using EWQLSO are waiting for the VI version of True Strike. Has anyone tried True Strike and Kirk Hunter Concert Strings together, how do the micsets work together?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rees
    Is anyone using the Project SAM True Strike library together with EWQLSO? I'm wondering how well the three mic positions in True Strike blend with the three mic positions in EWQLSO.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
    I've been using the Project SAM True Strike library and it sounds great.

Marco and I shared a machine during NAMM for showing off our libraries... Cool guy.

I do not have EWQLSO so, I cannot comment on how it works with that.

Best to all!

Larry Seyer
    http://www.larryseyer.com
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Larry Seyer's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Thanks Larry and Craig,

Just what I needed to know

Steve

I got my first demo of True Strike yesterday. I think it would fit fine with EWQLSO. A good friend have EWQL Gold, so that is what I compare to.

The sounds in TS feels more distant than VSL to my ears - even the close miced ones. This is not due to any ambience in the "close" samples, but rather it is because of slightly less bottom than EWQL / VSL percussion. Needless to say, TS sounds very crisp and clear, but still more distant than my beloved VSL stuff. This is how I percieve the EWQL stuff I've heard as well. I'm not saying it is bad, I'm just saying I prefer more dry "in your face" samples. But from this point of view, along with the ambient samples, it should fit very well with EWQL.

I think TS sounds like what you would expect from a very serious effort by Project Sam on a brand new lib. It sure sounds very Pro, and it is not very far from the feeling I get when I listen to their brass samples. The sound is clear and crisp without being sharp, and the bottom end is very balanced.

I got the feeling that this needs to be closely compared to the VSL stuff I normally use. For a guy who prefers dry "in your face" sounds, this says something for sure. According to my opinion, TS may very well be a milestone that future percussion will be compared to.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

I got my first demo of True Strike yesterday. I think it would fit fine with EWQLSO. A good friend have EWQL Gold, so that is what I compare to.

The sounds in TS feels more distant than VSL to my ears - even the close miced ones. This is not due to any ambience in the "close" samples, but rather it is because of slightly less bottom than EWQL / VSL percussion. Needless to say, TS sounds very crisp and clear, but still more distant than my beloved VSL stuff. This is how I percieve the EWQL stuff I've heard as well. I'm not saying it is bad, I'm just saying I prefer more dry "in your face" samples. But from this point of view, along with the ambient samples, it should fit very well with EWQL.

I think TS sounds like what you would expect from a very serious effort by Project Sam on a brand new lib. It sure sounds very Pro, and it is not very far from the feeling I get when I listen to their brass samples. The sound is clear and crisp without being sharp, and the bottom end is very balanced.

I got the feeling that this needs to be closely compared to the VSL stuff I normally use. For a guy who prefers dry "in your face" sounds, this says something for sure. According to my opinion, TS may very well be a milestone that future percussion will be compared to.

Hm

Sorry about that ... whatever happened

I used QLSO Platinum , Sam solo section , the True Strike freebies and some G-Town on this demos www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/thewar.mp3 ...QLSO and Sam are all far mic. position!!!
    Leo
    Leandro Gardini - classical/orchestral composer

Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificocean.com.br

Also this demo has QLSO and Sam Freebies on it www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/adventure.mp3 !!!
    Leo
    Leandro Gardini - classical/orchestral composer

Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificocean.com.br

Go Back to forum