• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: An Evening with Gary and Jeff...

Share/Bookmark

Talking An Evening with Gary and Jeff...

What an enjoyable evening we had with Gary and Jeff last night!

We began at the Garritan booth and made our way across the hall to sabotage/harass the other exhibitors. I thought that the occasional tripping of old ladies by Gary (casually sticking out his foot) was a particularly nice touch. After the show was over (and several rounds at the bar), Jeff suggested that we go out on the River Walk and beat up small children and throw them into the river. My wife really enjoyed this bit.

I was able to hear the forthcoming Big Band library! Boy, it sounds so cool! I noticed that there are trumpet samples with some guy hitting a triple C! I told Gary it sounded like the player must have been a castrated eunuch. Gary said that I hit it spot on! And that was, in fact, the case.

Later, Gary (well…Jeff) treated us to dinner at Denny’s (having been thrown out of all the other establishments in town). Gary casually mentioned that he had forgotten to show me the new Sonic Morphing violin. How convenient. “Sonic Morphing Technology”…hehe good one Gary!… you had us going for a while.

Gary and Jeff also invited me to help with the upcoming GPO exhibition in the Bahamas. I inquired as to whether this would be an opportunity for me to meet Tom Hopkins. Gary and Jeff were sorry to say that Tom was to be presenting GPO at an exhibition in Cleveland that particular week but maybe next time. (Then they looked at each other and laughed hysterically for some reason) . This morning (after my wife posted bail), we left the jail and drove home in our new Ferrari. It was an experience I’ll never forget. It’s just too bad that Tom missed all the fun. Oh well…maybe next time….hehe

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: An Evening with Gary and Jeff...

Yeah - that just about sums up every night out with these guys.

Glad you guys had fun Brian.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

That sounds like great fun!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

New hair, new car, new crowd. Brian, what will you change next?

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    New hair, new car, new crowd. Brian, what will you change next?

-JF
    Well, I kinda always wanted to be a woman....hehe j/k
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Thumbs up Re: An Evening with Gary and Jeff...

Every man after a certain age should get them selves a Ferrari Testosterosa! Make you feel strong like Bull!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    HA! WOW... Sounds like a blast though. When is a GPO booth coming to the Baltimore area? I'd like to join in on the fun...
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Whoa!

But why stop at a change. Next step: a new species!

-JF

All kidding aside, my wife and I had one of the most pleasant and enjoyable evenings of our lives. Gary and Jeff are exceptional human beings. It was truly an honor and pleasure to finally meet them. And for those who have not had the pleasure, Gary is even more wonderful in-person than can be expressed through a forum. The Big Band library blew my mind. I have never before heard a sampled sax that worked. It is so convincing that it blended in with the real saxes that were being blown in the hall. Truly stunning. Oh, and Gary got a ride in the AquaBrian2112 sports car ..yes an 05 Camry V6 xle…not a Ferarri, but it’s an old man’s sports car and I’m starting to creak a little…hehe.

Talking Re: An Evening with Gary and Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Whoa!

Next step: a new species!

-JF
    Some would argue I'm already there....lol!

Go Back to forum