• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt with VSTACK

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt with VSTACK

Just wondering if anyone has used Kontakt with Steinbergs VSstack? I\'m tired of Giga issues and want something that\'ll work. If Kontakt with Vstack combo is capable of 4 instances of Kontakt that\'ll be good enough for me.

Re: Kontakt with VSTACK

kptkarl, while I mostly use Kontakt in standalone mode, I have tested it with V-Stack and it works very well in a live performance situation. I have not tried loading four instances of Kontakt but I can\'t see why it would not work assuming your computer is up to it!!!

Frank L. Rosenthal

Hi Guys,

First time using Kontakt with Vstack.....and I\'m getting toms of latency. I don\'t get it. Here\'s my setup:

Vstack
    Kontakt
    MOTU micro express midi interface
    RME Digi96 PAD
    intel 865 mobo, 2 gigs ram
    pentium 2.4 HT
    120gb sata drive (dedicated for samples)
    win XP pro

in the device setup it defaults to ASIO multimedia driver, and that gives a lot of latency. if i switch to \"digi96 serie\" as the driver, I get almost no latency, but a really bad high-pitched sound from the card. Running Kontakt as standalone has no problems whatsoever. Any advice is welcome. Thanks guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Gerard Salonga:
    Hi Guys,

First time using Kontakt with Vstack.....and I\'m getting toms of latency. I don\'t get it. Here\'s my setup:

Vstack
    Kontakt
    MOTU micro express midi interface
    RME Digi96 PAD
    intel 865 mobo, 2 gigs ram
    pentium 2.4 HT
    120gb sata drive (dedicated for samples)
    win XP pro

in the device setup it defaults to ASIO multimedia driver, and that gives a lot of latency. if i switch to \"digi96 serie\" as the driver, I get almost no latency, but a really bad high-pitched sound from the card. Running Kontakt as standalone has no problems whatsoever. Any advice is welcome. Thanks guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">U should be running it with your \"digi96\" driver.The high pitched sound is probably cause its not configured right.Probably a feedback loop of some kind.Go through all the comfiguration steps again carfully,it should work.I called Stienberg and got a Tech.person to help me once and they were very helpful..Rich P.S try the \"self test \" etc.

Originally posted by kptkarl:
    Just wondering if anyone has used Kontakt with Steinbergs VSstack? I\'m tired of Giga issues and want something that\'ll work. If Kontakt with Vstack combo is capable of 4 instances of Kontakt that\'ll be good enough for me.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I use it constantly.Once u get it running ,it works well.If your cards are good and your systemlinking theres almost no latency.For $50 its great with any VST. Rich

thanks, Rich. It was a wrong setting in the RME panel. It has to have \"force adat\" checked. Wow....Vstack is actually pretty great! Thanks again [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

No PRob..yea i was using it today.Its pretty good.2 bugs that are driving my crazy are 1)that u cant audition a midi note on your sequencer on the track that is coming from your V-stack. and 2)That a v-stacked midi track need a couple seconds to trigger the 1st note of a file. I hope they fix these in the next V-stack update.Thers not alot of latency with the RME cards ,and thats what i like.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Rich

HI guys,

I haven\'t tried V-Stack, but there\'s an interesting freebie program called Bidule (www.plogue.com) that I\'ve been using on my giga PC while beta testing GPO in Kontakt. While a fairly advanced beta version, Bidule version 0.6 seems to do everything without problems, except reopen a specific setup with lots of Kontakt instances. Bidule\'s capabilities are quite impressive, actually...

Trond

Whats the latency like and do u run it on a seperate machine? Rich

Go Back to forum