• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strange fader problem

Share/Bookmark

Strange fader problem

HI, I have Sonar 4 PE and Giga 3 on the same machine. I'm having a strange velocity/fader problem. When I arm a track for automation the volume of the instrument goes down about 40 % even though the faders in SONAR and GIGA are are 127. This happens the moment I arm for automation. I think its a gigastudio problem. When sonar sets the track for automation, its like its sending an invisable message to giga 3 to keep the sound from going past 60% but it doesnt show up on the controls.

Thanks! []

Re: Strange fader problem

Quote Originally Posted by passenger57
    I think its a gigastudio problem. When sonar sets the track for automation, its like its sending an invisable message to giga 3 to keep the sound from going past 60% but it doesnt show up on the controls.
    Thanks! []
    If Sonar is sending a message that it shouldn't be sending, it's a Sonar problem. If Giga is not responding correctly to a valid message from Sonar, it's a Giga problem. It seems more likely to be the former. Put up the MIDI Monitor in Giga and see what's coming across. Check with Cakewalk support to see what it's supposed to be doing.

G

Re: Strange fader problem

Thanks for the help.
    OK I think I figured it out (kind of) I was incorrectly right clicking above the fader and not ON the fader. Now its working. WHEW! Ok - you know the saying - if it aint broke dont fix it.

Go Back to forum