• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaPulse - 2 versions?

Share/Bookmark

GigaPulse - 2 versions?

I see that GigaPulse VST is a separate entity entirely from what is built into GS3 Orchestral - When I ordered GS3 I really expected it to be a plugin of some sort (and it is treated as such in GS), I thought that I'd be able to choose to install it on my primary machine as well, or choose "just" to install it on that machine. But it was a part of GS3.

I was wondering if I missed something and it is possible to install it as a plugin on my main comp, or if not, is there any discount on the GP VST for owners of GS3?

Basically, my 2 Giga machines are matching older ones (p4 2.0Ghz, 2Gigs PC133, basic IDE ATA 133 Maxtor drives, lots, all now with 8mb cache). So they make great, solid, GS machines, but lack the CPU horsepower to crank GPulse hardly at all, even with only 1 mic instance, let alone more. My main comp handles all cpu intensive stuff, plugins and what-not. At the moment, it is running reverbs since the only thing it does in "composition mode" is reverb and some eq. I'd much prefer to run GPulse on it, cuz right now I am not using this great verb that I've paid to use at all.

Is the best answer to buy state-of-the-art GigaMachines, or buy the VST version of GP (which no one ever seems to talk about I've noticed)?

thnx
    mike

Re: GigaPulse - 2 versions?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo450
    I see that GigaPulse VST is a separate entity entirely from what is built into GS3 Orchestral - When I ordered GS3 I really expected it to be a plugin of some sort (and it is treated as such in GS), I thought that I'd be able to choose to install it on my primary machine as well, or choose "just" to install it on that machine. But it was a part of GS3.

I was wondering if I missed something and it is possible to install it as a plugin on my main comp, or if not, is there any discount on the GP VST for owners of GS3?

Basically, my 2 Giga machines are matching older ones (p4 2.0Ghz, 2Gigs PC133, basic IDE ATA 133 Maxtor drives, lots, all now with 8mb cache). So they make great, solid, GS machines, but lack the CPU horsepower to crank GPulse hardly at all, even with only 1 mic instance, let alone more. My main comp handles all cpu intensive stuff, plugins and what-not. At the moment, it is running reverbs since the only thing it does in "composition mode" is reverb and some eq. I'd much prefer to run GPulse on it, cuz right now I am not using this great verb that I've paid to use at all.

Is the best answer to buy state-of-the-art GigaMachines, or buy the VST version of GP (which no one ever seems to talk about I've noticed)?

thnx
    mike
    I, like you, have been on about this VST version for ages, but apparently it is still being tested. One of the reasons that I am so keen is that I tend to print my tracks to audio and then mix them. Using Gigapulse VST I would be able to turn all my Giga machines (using FX teleport, I hope) into a giant reverb machine for final mixing. I have no news on its arrival though, I'm afraid.

Daryl

That's a really good idea reg multi-machine GP. I'm using GigaTeleport atm, so I'd have to add FX-Teleport to pull that off I think... unless... just occurred to me that GS can just read the output wave file from a remote location via gigabit lan... I'm not sure how much bandwidth this would take up, but, here's what I'm thinking:

Load rendered wave files into different GS machines as samples, and have each GS machine run instances of GP with the same settings, but each one will hanlde a different set of mic locations.

That'd prolly be a way to get it working for now - but, I really, really don't like the idea of losing so much editing freedom at reverb time in the mix. It'd have to become a really linear thing for me to make it work now.

Hopefully Tascam will offer 'some' kind of discount for the VST whenever it shows up.

Thnx for the info
    mike

I see Sweetwater.com offers Gigapulse VST for $249 .
    Is this exactly what you guys are referring to? It says it is available now.

I know little about this and do have GS# and was just wishing the same thing....that is to have Gigapulse as a plugin to use in Cubase etc.

Adriann

I don't think GigaPulse VST (the standlone version that works outside of GigaStudio) has been released yet. Some websites (like Sweetwater and mtlc.net) have it listed, but it is really a "pre-order" situation.

Go Back to forum