• Register
  • Help

Topic: General performance on Win-PCs

Question General performance on Win-PCs

I've got a quite "general" question about the performance GPO "should" have on a not-too-old PC like mine. I use Cubase SX 2 on an Intel P4 2.8 GHz with 1 GB RAM under WinXP and just started to work with GPO. So I tried to put together some string sections. After about 16-18 ENS strings it started to crackle and wasn't that much fun anymore. Is this an acceptable performance for this machine or should I expect more?
    (I know, this question is quite "relative", depending on many other factors of my system, but I'm really curious to know if my PC could do better - and therefore I had to do some fixes ...)

Thank you very much! :)

Chandler, Arizona

Re: General performance on Win-PCs

I do a full orchestra on my PC using Sonar with the same processor. So you should be getting more voices. I get about 300 stereo voices without using DFD.

Make sure you're loading the dry instruments. The wet instruments use up processor at a fast rate. Make sure the hyperthreading option in Cubase is off.

Re: General performance on Win-PCs

you can test your daw, post and compare the result, decide if an upgrade is worthy here

Go Back to forum