• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: help! avi / sonar problem!

Share/Bookmark

help! avi / sonar problem!

Can anybody help me please? The avi-files I am playing in sonar xl 2.2 are stuttering, slowering down accelerationg all the time. Anybody knows this problem? Any solutions to this?
    Please help!

Re: help! avi / sonar problem!

Nobody else using sonar xl knowing this problem? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

The best place for Sonar help is at news.cakewalk.com. That\'s the most active new group I\'ve ever seen.

Hi Bill!
    Thanks a lot, I just posted to them... this is so embaressing... Anybody working on filmmusic could tell me if the video application works fine for him?
    Markus.

I use Sonar and have not had any problems with the avi import (and I\'ve used it quite a bit). Not much help here, but at least is gives you a little more info.

Just curious, is everything else on the system normal when you are trying to play the avi (HD, CPU, Mem util)?

Hi Demoy!
    Thanks for the input - tells me at least that it *can* work [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . Everything is fine meromry, cpu. I found a primitive way to \"solve\" the problem: when I apply on \"flesh to the left\" - it works [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Ok, then I have to record the midi with my left hand and press the \"left\"-key with the right... uh oh, I really hope there\'s a solution to this [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ...
    Any idea is more than wellcome...

YUPPEEE!!!! I\'M FINE! And that\'s another day lost for software issues - but that\'s worth it!
    So what was wrong? What was it???
    Well, I had the winamp player by default. And it was it that didn\'t play the files properly... Sure, noone of you could find this... and I installed the latest win media player and swupps - it works. Video-files are opened now by default by it and so sonar uses it as well... I finallt can sleep peaceful...

Markus, I\'ve been loading CineNet .avi files (the ones that come with the Deluxe version) into Cakewalk 9. I mostly don\'t have problems. But occasionally I get the stuttering probelm and if I re-boot it goes away.

BTW, Cakewalk can also load in mpeg and Quicktime, but I had terrible sync problems with those. Have you tried these types of files at all?

And side note, after I compose in cakewalk to the video, I export only the .wav then put the music and vido together in Video Factory (Vegas little brother program) which exports AV a lot better than Cakewalk (with also more export file options like .avi, mpeg1 or 2, wmv, quicktime).

Hi Marty
    thanks for the tip (btw, how\'s the bassoonosaurus doing?)... my problem rests, nothings solved [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] . Ii just worked one time normally (stange enough [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ). The format I would like to use is avi... I tried everything... change keyframes, tweak settings, follow instructions on the help files... it doesn\'t work... Could it be this is my system? Before I used Cubase vst and I never hab problems to play video-files.
    Marty, can you tell me how to change formats? Is it possible with virtual dub? Maybe this helps?
    Markus.

What are you using as your clock source?

Go Back to forum