• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: It's Valentine's Day! Some Helpful Suggestions.

Share/Bookmark

It's Valentine's Day! Some Helpful Suggestions.

Here are some Valentine Day suggestions:

- Breakfast in bed.

- Make your sweetheart's favorite meal or take your sweetheart out for a special dinner.

- Send your valentine flowers at work. If you are on a tight budget, give just one single hand-delivered flower. Remember, it's the thought, not the quantity.

- Do something unexpected! Drive across town to take your Valentine out for lunch.

- Send a gift basket of indulgent items.

- Embroider "I Love You" on his pillowcase. You could also use a water resistant marker.

- Poetry is traditional for Valentine's Day. Make up a poem or buy a book of love poems that you can read to your Valentine.

- Dedicate a favorite song to your Valentine on a radio show that he or she will be listening to.

- Write "I Love You" in lipstick or shaving cream on the mirror. You could also tape a heart with the words"I Love You" if you prefer an easier clean up.

- If your sweetheart is going to be away from you on Valentine's Day, get several Valentine's Day cards and put them in different places in his or her luggage. You could sequence them with "Open Me on February 14th", "Open Me on February 15th", etc. to create some suspense. Don't limit this idea to just Valentine's Day!

- Carry a pocketful of chocolate kisses. Give one to yoursweetheart every now and then and them "I Love You."
    and of course:

- Write a love song for your sweetheart. (Pat Azzarello did this last year).

If you have any more suggestions please post them. And if you have any love songs you would like to share, now is the time!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Gary Garritan

Re: It's Valentine's Day! Some Helpful Suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    If you have any more suggestions please post them. And if you have any love songs you would like to share, now is the time!
    Hmmm- do you have any idea how much of a hateful and misanthropic b@stard I actually am, especially this time of year?? I'll sit this thread out for all y'alls sanity.

Wear a man thong !!

I think I would be single if I attempted it

Quote Originally Posted by amb
    Wear a man thong !!
    Amb, Will this do?

Amb, Will this do?

I'm READY!!

OK, couldn't let that one go by.

That would be pretty scary . . .

I guess you could buy jewelry . . . though I've never understood the psychology behind that . . . you might as well just give them money . . .

Hmmm, I miss elementary school. On Valentine's day we would have a party, exchange little cards and candy, and we all had to pretend that we liked each other

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Once in a fit of insanity I sold a Hammond organ and bought jewelry for my girlfriend with the money. Then we split up and I had no organ. For a time there was sadnesss and gnashing of teeth. But then the guy I sold the organ to lent it back to me and I still have it (that was 11 years ago). And I got back with the girl for a while and she bought me a MemoryMoog. The moral is women come and go but keyboards are forever!

Amb, Will this do?

Ahh yes , that should be perfect to end my happy relationship .

If you can picture a 6 foot 250lb man who has a big beard , long hair and tattoos all over him in that thing you can imagine the damage the recipient would suffer .

Anthony

Red face Re: It's Valentine's Day! Some Helpful Suggestions.

I hope that it is o.k. to post this . This is a piece that I wrote for my wife Allison a few years ago. It was my first attempt at writing something more “traditional” than rock or jazz. It’s all synth except for flute trills and a small library of orchestral effects that I used to have. We have sure come a long way since then with GPO. I have learned a lot since I did this as well. (Contrary motion…and so on). I plan to orchestrate this piece with GPO after a re-write. Francesco did a proper translation to Italian for me..but I forgot what it was . So, for now, it’s called “La Lotta di un Cuore Ottimista” or (roughly) “The Struggle of an Optimistic Heart”.

La Lotta di un Cuore Ottimista

For my Alli

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Talking Re: It's Valentine's Day! Some Helpful Suggestions.

Not so helpful ideas for Valentine’s Day - some I looked up!
    · Roses, with a card for another woman!
    · A Nordic Trac. This person states, "I am not sure if the message was your fat or not, but let's just say I was not thrilled."
    · A book on making love. "Sounds good but it sure can make a gal insecure," says an anonymous voter.
    · A vacuum cleaner
    · A blender
    · Cleaning supplies
    · A Black & Decker cordless screwdriver
    · A power steering hose
    · A toaster oven
    · A broom and dustpan combination
    · Copy of Windsor Palates work out program
    . Year membership at Bali health and fitness spas
    . Stair stepper machine
    . Thigh master
    . Year supply of Ensure