Here are some Valentine Day suggestions:
and of course:
- Breakfast in bed.
- Make your sweetheart's favorite meal or take your sweetheart out for a special dinner.
- Send your valentine flowers at work. If you are on a tight budget, give just one single hand-delivered flower. Remember, it's the thought, not the quantity.
- Do something unexpected! Drive across town to take your Valentine out for lunch.
- Send a gift basket of indulgent items.
- Embroider "I Love You" on his pillowcase. You could also use a water resistant marker.
- Poetry is traditional for Valentine's Day. Make up a poem or buy a book of love poems that you can read to your Valentine.
- Dedicate a favorite song to your Valentine on a radio show that he or she will be listening to.
- Write "I Love You" in lipstick or shaving cream on the mirror. You could also tape a heart with the words"I Love You" if you prefer an easier clean up.
- If your sweetheart is going to be away from you on Valentine's Day, get several Valentine's Day cards and put them in different places in his or her luggage. You could sequence them with "Open Me on February 14th", "Open Me on February 15th", etc. to create some suspense. Don't limit this idea to just Valentine's Day!
- Carry a pocketful of chocolate kisses. Give one to yoursweetheart every now and then and them "I Love You."
- Write a love song for your sweetheart. (Pat Azzarello did this last year).
If you have any more suggestions please post them. And if you have any love songs you would like to share, now is the time!
Happy Valentine's Day!