• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontact 2 included sample library?

Share/Bookmark

Kontact 2 included sample library?

Does anyone know the detailed list of the sample library included with Kontact 2? I looked on the NI website but it just says 'comprehensive'

Re: Kontact 2 included sample library?

The word 'comprehensive' can go two ways:

1. They will have a very 'comprehensive' list of instruments, this would reflect the original Kompakt library that every raved about over the Kontakt library. Sure Kompakt had lots of instruments, but very very very basic programs for them and limited articulations. With how much every one said they loved the Kompakt lib over the Kontakt lib I wouldn't be surprised if this is the way they meant it.

2. However, the other meaning could be fewer instruments with 'comprehensive' programming and articulations. This would more reflect the original Kontakt lib and where I hope they aim with it but I doubt this is the case as so many seem to prefer quantity over quality.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    However, the other meaning could be fewer instruments with 'comprehensive' programming and articulations. This would more reflect the original Kontakt lib and where I hope they aim with it but I doubt this is the case as so many seem to prefer quantity over quality.
    I think your reasoning has merit, but the fact that NI says that they will be including content from developers like VSL causes me to hope fervently that that are going with your option #2.

Ian, I agree 100%

20 Things

I would assume that the Kontakt 2 Library will be very similar in purpose to the Kontakt 1 Library or the GigaStudio 3 library:

- a large amount of nice content, but essentially "demo" content either donated by the sample library developers or licensed at a small cost (i.e. "teaser" content that will hopefully encourage you to buy the "real" library)

- some content that highlights some of the new features (to help you understand how great those new features are)

You really are buying (paying for) the sampler itself -- the content is really an extra. For example, take Vienna Symphonic Library. They sell OPUS 1 for about $1000. They aren't going to include that product for free in a software sampler that only cost $600.

Understood Martin, in fact - I would be very happy paying the upgrade fee and not recieving any sounds. But if they are going to include sounds I would prefer one or two complete instruments to 15 teasers.

20 Things

if its any consolation Rob Papen is working on a Kontakt library called
    Static Park and Sonic Station 2 by Sonic Reality will be coming out...giving you
    those workstation sound sets.

Good news about Rob..... his programming skills are stellar.
    Never wrestle in the mud with a pig.
    You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

These included libraries are there for two reasons

1. To sell the upgrade
    2. To tease and sell the 'complete' free sample library

I don't think we will every see any of the 'real' players include complete libraries - cannibalizing their own direct sales Too bad - but.....

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I wonder if the VSL package will be the same as the one included with Giga3 Orchestra.

Go Back to forum