• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thank You to everyone on this forum....

Share/Bookmark

Smile Thank You to everyone on this forum....

Hello All!

My name is Michael Fortunato. I have been a fly on the wall of these forums for a number of months now. I have enjoyed all of your talent, kindness, and helpfulness.

Every piece I have listened to (and I think I've just about listened to them all) is wonderful. From the so-called "newbies" to the more accomplished musicians, every piece has been a joy.

So I have decided to finally come off the wall to land and say hello. I am an hobbyist composer and I have finally taken the plunge and ordered GPO. It's shipping to me as I write this .

I am very excited about GPO and look forward to becoming a much more active participant in these forums. Hopefully I can share my meager gifts with you all in humble thanks to the wonderful work you have graciously shared with me.

Thank you all.
    - Michael Fortunato
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Re: Thank You to everyone on this forum....

Welcome, Michael! Looking forward to hearing your compositions.
    Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    www.stevegoers.com

Welcome!! We're glad you finally came off of the wall and joined us!!

Congrats on ordering GPO, you're in for a real treat when you get it. I remember the first time I played around with the GPO instruments . . . ah, it was bliss.

I can't wait to hear some of your music! Welcome to the "most fun" forum!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Nice to meet ya! I'm pretty new too but one thing I have noticed is just how helpful people are on here. Whatever the problem/difficulty, people will always take time to try to help solve it. I have had a couple of teething problems with GPO (as most have) and they have all been solved by reading suggestions from folks on here.

Welcome and have fun!
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

You will love GPO it is so fun, and it sounds just great!
    Welcome to this forum of friendly folks.

DPDAN!

Thumbs up Re: Thank You to everyone on this forum....

I thought I saw something hanging around up there.
    Welcome to the forum! Of course you know there is no turning back now, right?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I thought I saw something hanging around up there.
    Welcome to the forum! Of course you know there is no turning back now, right?
    Turn back? NEVER! . I've started auditioning the instruments and they are phenomenal! I absolutely LOVE the piano and harp sounds (and french horn and oboe and english horn and violin and.........

Thank you ALL for your incredibly kind and warm welcome . I can't wait to really dive into this.

Unfortunately my keyboard has finally died on me. I knew it was going to happen. It kept crashing and I'd have to reinitialize it. *sigh*. Well, it was old (Peavey DPM3se). I've had it for 16 or 17 years now and it's travelled with me (I've moved a LOT). Thing is built like a tank, though (and weighs as much).

So, now I'm in the market for a 61 - 88 key midi controller. This time I'd like to go with something with more weight to the keys. The organ-action keys of the Peavey make for difficult playing when nuance is required.

I've been testing out some keyboards and I'll order or pick something up from Sam Ash or Manny's by this weekend. I can't have GPO without a keyboard!
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Go Back to forum