• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Short new piece using R.A.W. and G-town samples

Share/Bookmark

Short new piece using R.A.W. and G-town samples

Hey all!

Ever since getting the R.A.W. Bombarde I knew I wanted to do this piece. It's a section of The Inconsolable Secret (the long-form piece I'm working on) and is in a neo-medieval dance style with a hint of corruption at the end. Sounds used:

R.A.W. Bombarde
    G-town percussion
    Westgate recorder, bassoon and contra-bassoon
    Garritan Gigaharp
    PMI Flemmish harpsichord

Whaddya think??

Click here

Re: Short new piece using R.A.W. and G-town samples

great sound. and i love the r.a.w. instrument. the first half of the tune is really amazingly pretty and compelling. The second half sounds more modern and stylistically like a different piece. But the instrument mix is exceptionally nice. would love to hear more but... dare i suggest...for my taste, keep to one style. Maybe i'd like it if the first melody were developed more, just cuz i liked it so much.

Thumbs up Re: Short new piece using R.A.W. and G-town samples

Great Fred I like it a lot. Very cool indeed.

Thumbs up Re: Short new piece using R.A.W. and G-town samples

[QUOTE=FredProgGH]Hey all!

Whaddya think??

[/QUOTE.

I love it! Brother Cadfael and his Medieval Jazz Combo! Excellent! First time I listened to it, for some reason I couldn't get Westworld out of my head.

Good stuff.

[QUOTE=PaulR]
    Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Hey all!

Whaddya think??

[/QUOTE.

I love it! Brother Cadfael and his Medieval Jazz Combo! Excellent! First time I listened to it, for some reason I couldn't get Westworld out of my head.

Good stuff.
    EDIT: Thats one of the best numbers I've heard on this board. Colin Towns would have loved that. Hehe.

I really like it

The Westgate woodwinds sound very nice here, I've been taking a look to find Westgate Studios web but I can't find it

Anyone has the link or knows something about it?

Awesome stuff! I love it. Thanks for sharing.......

Really nice blend of that neo-medieval style, with a little baroque and folk flavor as well!
    If you want I could host it on the R.A.W. website along with some other user demos.
    EDIT: That second theme at 0:26 is almost 17th century Jacob van Eijk ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    Really nice blend of that neo-medieval style, with a little baroque and folk flavor as well!
    If you want I could host it on the R.A.W. website along with some other user demos.
    EDIT: That second theme at 0:26 is almost 17th century Jacob van Eijk ;-)
    Hey, that would be great!! I have a slightly modified version that I'll put up a link to. Someone pointed out that the little descending part before the end sounded like Igraine's dance in Excalibur- D'OH!! Must have done it subconsciously. I inverted it to go up instead of down. thanks for the encouraging thoughts everyone!!

BTW, Metrobot, I hear what you're saying but this goes in the middle of a larger thing. In context it should make sense. Program music. baby!!

very cool, your music sounds very immediate to me, what i mean by that is that it doesnt take you long to write, am i correct?

Go Back to forum