• Register
  • Help

Topic: CC11 problems

Share/Bookmark

CC11 problems

Hi,

I discovered a big annoying inconvenience about CC11 (expression) in HS 2002. For example, a note is drawn in the piano roll from:

2:01:000 through 3:01:479

A followed CC11 is applied starting at the value 127 and ending to the value 48 from:

2:01:000 through 3:01:479.

At 3:02:000 a CC11, having the value 127, is applied to reset the full expression of the channel

But the velocity note last with the full 127 value at 3:01:479. To avoid this ending velocity jump the CC11 127 value must be drawn at 3:02:120

I consider it\'s a real issue when you try to put expressions in many close succeeding notes. CC11 is the most important control for making alive sounds.

Is something can be done ?

Thanks in advance,

SergeD

Re: CC11 problems

Thanks Haydn,

but I messed with this today and think there is a way to correct this problem with midi-ox.

If it works I let you know soon, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

SergeD

I\'ve noticed that Giga drags sometimes with CC changes. A workaround is to split the parts to different tracks and trigger the sound from 2 different MIDI channels. Put quieter parts on one track and the louder parts on another.

Hi,

Midi-ox helped me to have a total control over the CC11 attitude.

In the translation map window a CC7 (Velocity control) output set to 0 is sent for each input NoteOff. For each NoteOff input a CC7 output set to 127 is sent.

Of course this work only for succeeding notes with no chords in the used channel. But it saves from a lot of plumbing !

If people here are concerned with those experimentations some Cal files and the Midi-Ox translation map file could be available.

SergeD

Go Back to forum