• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi Exporting question

Share/Bookmark

Midi Exporting question

Hey all its me again and I'm having a hard time with getting rid of the dead space after I export midi. I need to do loops for cell phone games but The dead space in pro tools that happens after the active notes is being tagged on the MIDI export file. I was wondering whats the best way to get a proper looping midi file? I can't bounce it like I normally would with a audio wav loop and get it perfect. I hope I made sense its a bit early hehe.

Thanks Jeff!

Re: Midi Exporting question

I don't know about MIDI, but I know in pro tools that you have to select the area you want to bounce, at least for audio. Gosh, I'm not even sure if you have to (for audio), but I know that if you do highlight (blacken) all of the tracks from point a in time to point b, that's all that will be bounced. Hope this helps.
    I'm curious, how do you make midi for cell phones? Is it just for games, or ring tones too? Thanks.

Cool Re: Midi Exporting question

Quote Originally Posted by Tango9Jeff
    Hey all its me again and I'm having a hard time with getting rid of the dead space after I export midi. I need to do loops for cell phone games but The dead space in pro tools that happens after the active notes is being tagged on the MIDI export file. I was wondering whats the best way to get a proper looping midi file? I can't bounce it like I normally would with a audio wav loop and get it perfect. I hope I made sense its a bit early hehe.

Thanks Jeff!
    Since most cell phones (at least those i'm aware of) can't play a midi file in a loop coz the Java midp implementation s*u*c*k*s* in them so the file is played from the beginning till the end and then can be retrigerred by a program again - but the perfect loop can't be achieved i'm affraid. There will always be a gap dependable on the mobile.

Yes - I had this experience as well. Solution was to repeat the 10 sec piece twice in the midi file, since they were only going to have it loop twice anyways.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Eric Doggett
    MoonDog Media
    www.moondogmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Doggett
    Yes - I had this experience as well. Solution was to repeat the 10 sec piece twice in the midi file, since they were only going to have it loop twice anyways.
    Of course it there was a memory left fo double notes

Go Back to forum