• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Just got Diva, The best just get better!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Just got Diva, The best just get better!

I received my copy of Bela D Media's Diva Bundle yesterday and have been experimenting with the samples. I am not going to write to convince you on how superb this library sounds or how technically fantastic and clear they are produced. However, I am going to boast and argue my opinion dead center on one aspect of this product. Diva is extraordinarily unique! Diva is the voice(s) of the orchestra that I need to complete a full concert. Diva is so real in sound quality, so cleanly recorded that while I was playing the samples my children thought there actually were female singers in my studio!
    Now, you all know how dead loyal I am to Garritan Personal Orchestra and I tell you this. These two libraries totally compliment each other like no other two I've heard so far! Just as GPO continues to excite me, Diva has only added to this excitement and the possibilities I see are endless! I don't know how Frank and Gary do it! Nor, I don't care. I only know that I have two of the BEST virtual Libraries at my disposal to learn, help me create and realize the yearning inside to make music. Half of my studies in Music College were in vocal, the other in orchestration. I learned back then one strengthens the other and benefits from each other!
    Just for grins I played some voices to one of my first pieces realized with GPO, "Final Moment". The voices I always heard but never found that satisfied the timbres I wanted was at last in Diva. I will continue to work on this piece as I become more familiar with Diva. I don’t know why I waited so long. First sample I played I slapped myself in the head for waiting! Just as with GPO, it was there all the time at Bela D Media. Just as I strongly advise people to GET GPO! I will include DIVA!
    Bravo Frank and the Bela D team! Thanks so much for taking care of us on this forum with the group special.
    Bravo To my favorite two developers that have lifted my spirits out of the darkness it was heading.
    Styxx

Re: Just got Diva, The best just get better!

Hey Styxxi, i did buy it too... but i think i'm gonna wait longer... i'm a bit more far away then you

Thumbs up Re: Just got Diva, The best just get better!

Quote Originally Posted by neoTypic
    I wish I could have joined in on that. But yay, I have a paying job now!
    HEY! That's so Cool! Congrats and best of luck to you! Man, I hope you find it the best time of your life. Except for my wife, nothing came close. Nice to hear ... break a leg!
    Styxx

I got Diva too!

Extended is the key for me. I'm not a big fan of the vibrato in the original version, though there are some very nice patches in there. The straight tones and variable vibrato of the extended version is wonderful though. And the Diva by Design is mush better than I had expected. The phrases are so smooth that tempo isn't really an issue. The waves can simply be added to my pieces for color. And because the waves aren't chopped up samples, the realism of the sounds doesn't rely on my ability to play and sequence them. Diva by Design has been a pleasant surprise!

Now all I need is enough time to do more than futz around with the lib. I need the time to do some serious stuff!

-JF

I got it too !!

Today I figured out how to get GPO sooner than later also ! This place http://www.americanmusical.com/ takes payments over a three month period . I have to pay for the Nuendo 3 upgrade and The Allman Bros Beacon shows are coming up and I was thinking I was going to have to wait to purchase till April !!

neoTypic - Are you sure your family is not still claiming you ? I ran into a similar problem about 14 years ago and it ended up my Dad's accountant was writing me off still . He had to pay some $$ back to the Gov't. but I was able to get my independent status .

I also received my Diva and the Bass Guitar I won in their drawing. I originally tried to load the samples on my sound drive and NKIs on main drive -- but no path could be retrieved. Removed and reinstalled and now Diva is the only sound set residing with waves on my main drive.

Frank has been great in helping me try to solve this -- but I have made no progress on being able to separately file the sounds on another drive.

I am using I Mac G5/1.8 Mhz,,,2 Gig Ram and 7200 RPM Firewire 400 Fantom 250 Gig drive for all other sounds. Any ideas on what else to try -- as it seems when I move the Diva samples away deom their nkis and original; folders -- they get lost and die.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I got Diva too!

Extended is the key for me. I'm not a big fan of the vibrato in the original version, though there are some very nice patches in there. The straight tones and variable vibrato of the extended version is wonderful though. And the Diva by Design is mush better than I had expected. The phrases are so smooth that tempo isn't really an issue. The waves can simply be added to my pieces for color. And because the waves aren't chopped up samples, the realism of the sounds doesn't rely on my ability to play and sequence them. Diva by Design has been a pleasant surprise!

Now all I need is enough time to do more than futz around with the lib. I need the time to do some serious stuff!

-JF
    I haven't installed Extended yet. Sounds like the better way to go. I don't mind the vibrato of Diva and can see use for it in mix and match. What is with the upgrades on Bela forum and have you downloaded them?
    OK, what I don't freaking understand is this. In order to use Extended do you or do you not have to have Diva, or Diva by Design installed as well? All of a sudden the deck isn't full and the dealer's cards are not all there!
    I uninstalled Diva thinking it wasn't necessary to have if you have the Extended installed. Can you possibly give me a clue?
    Styxx

Isn’t that always the case! Not enough support for these things and you wind up uninstalling. I need another separate hard drive and I am not going to spend the money because the family needs it more!
    As great as this library is, I was real reluctant to uninstall and shelf it for now. Eh, what are ya going to do? Maybe next time. Still a damn nice vocal library and if you have a fantastic high quality system with all the bells and whistles and need a fantastic vocal lib to go along with your GPO, Diva.
    Have I hit 4,000 yet? Man, what's taking so long...
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Isn’t that always the case! Not enough support for these things and you wind up uninstalling. I need another separate hard drive and I am not going to spend the money because the family needs it more!
    As great as this library is, I was real reluctant to uninstall and shelf it for now. Eh, what are ya going to do? Maybe next time. Still a damn nice vocal library and if you have a fantastic high quality system with all the bells and whistles and need a fantastic vocal lib to go along with your GPO, Diva.
    Have I hit 4,000 yet? Man, what's taking so long...
    Styxx,
    Thanks for the kind words...

1. Not enough support?
    2. The vibrato in DIVA is very natural to the singers performance per note.
    Listen to opera and you will find that DIVA needs more
    3. Here if you need us!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

I have nothing against the vibrato and wish there were included the different so-called "taboo" vibratos of the past!
    By not enough support I meant my PC system. But I am disappointed that I cannot use your lib at all. I was counting on using for a couple of projects coming soon but maybe I'll disperse the projects amongst those here that have the means.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum