• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: COMPOSERS CHANNEL RADIO STATION ONLINE!

Share/Bookmark

Cool COMPOSERS CHANNEL RADIO STATION ONLINE!

The Composer Channel is live now and available for your listening pleasure. The station is easily accessible, no pre-registration is required, and I encourage all of you to listen.

Here is the Link: http://www.showprogramming.com/TccPlayer.asp

This internet radio station was formed to support GPO Artists around the world and to get their works heard. Covering a wide range of styles including movie soundtracks, contemporary songs and world music, the station gives much needed exposure to composers and songwriters unable to gain access to traditional radio stations. And traditional stations inflict us with the same 20 songs over and over again. There has been so much excellent music that has been made with GPO. With over 1,000 GPO demos submitted, the Composer Channel is a perfect medium for GPO composers to get the attention they deserve and for listeners to hear great works and obtain information about ordering artist's CDs. And Northern Sounds is promoted in the Radio Station too!

Christopher Duncan, President of Show Programming and producer of the radio station, says, "One of the things that inspired me to start our community outreach program and launch this station was the incredible atmosphere of friendship and encouragement I encountered at the Garritan forums on www.northernsounds.com. I also share Gary Garritan's dream of making high quality tools and original music available to everyone, not just the elite. Since the entertainment industry is known for its sometimes unsympathetic nature, I wanted to give people like this all the exposure and support that they deserve. I truly believe their spirit represents the dawn of a new era of cooperation and creative excellence worldwide, and we will continue to support communities like this wherever we find them.... There's a wonderful world of new music being created each day by folks like you, and believe me, people want to hear what you're doing."

I receive many comments on how professional the radio station sounds and what a wonderful thing it is to have artists heard. At NAMM many were very impressed at the preview and thought they were listening to a professional broadcast station. Expect to see mention of the radio station in upcoming print media. Also the winning works for the GPO Orchestration Competition will soon be heard for the first time on this radio station.

Although originally conceived as an Internet Radio Station for GPO Composers, Chris and I discussed the idea of perhaps opening this up to artists from other sample libraries - such as BelaD Media, Larry Seyers, Scarbee, ProjectSAM and other friendly developers.

I would like to commend Chris for the extraordinary job he has done for the GPO community and for musicians at large. This is such a monumental and exciting undertaking by a man with vision, experience and talent. I ask that you support Chris in his tremendous work and to contribute or listen.
    And many thanks to our wonderful radio hosts Deirdre and Charlie.

So kick back, listen to and enjoy the Composers Channel radio station.

Gary Garritan

Re: COMPOSERS CHANNEL RADIO STATION ONLINE!

I wil be in the game...nice enterprise.

Talking Re: COMPOSERS CHANNEL RADIO STATION ONLINE!

yes, very nice! I'm listening it!

Well done and Respect!

Best wishes

Glyn Powell

great music to work by!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    [font=Arial][size=2][b]
    Although originally conceived as an Internet Radio Station for GPO Composers, Chris and I discussed the idea of perhaps opening this up to artists from other sample libraries - such as BelaD Media, Larry Seyers, Scarbee, ProjectSAM and other friendly developers.

Gary Garritan
    That would be really great! I don't have GPO but i would like to have my work performed at this radio station (i own EWQL Silver and Gold Editions).

I wuz wonderin' (as I frequently do)...

I'm having troubles connecting to the station using any of the provided interfaces (Real, MediaPlayer, etc.), it says it cannot connect to the server.

Do you think it's possible my corporate firewall is interferring? What ports/protocols should I have open for this to stream properly?

Any advice is muchos appreciatato.
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaFlyer
    I wuz wonderin' (as I frequently do)...

I'm having troubles connecting to the station using any of the provided interfaces (Real, MediaPlayer, etc.), it says it cannot connect to the server.

Do you think it's possible my corporate firewall is interferring? What ports/protocols should I have open for this to stream properly?

Any advice is muchos appreciatato.
    If it complains that it can't connect to the server then it's probably the firewall, that's a normal corporate thing. You'll need to have port 8000 open for the broadband stream, or port 8010 for dialup.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thanks, Mr. Duncan.

I'll talk to my network guy (uh, that would be ME), and see about loosening up that port on the 'ol firewall.
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaFlyer
    Thanks, Mr. Duncan.

I'll talk to my network guy (uh, that would be ME), and see about loosening up that port on the 'ol firewall.
    Mr. Duncan? Yikes. Normally when I hear my full or formal name, it means I'm in trouble.

If you have any hassles after tweaking the port, you can just email me & we'll get you hooked up.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum