• Register
  • Help

Topic: Composer Channel: New shows for this week!

Share/Bookmark

Composer Channel: New shows for this week!

Hey, guys.

I've been slowly digging out from under a task list that would scare even Gary and Tom, and am finally able to make my way back into the studio to start mixing and adding the new shows.

Tonight, I added Artist and Alchemy 2nd Edition to the programming. In a couple of days, Artist and Alchemy 3rd edition will be mixed and added. I'll now be able to get a couple of new shows mixed and up (er, mixed up? ) each week and will eventually catch up with all the wonderful music you folks are submitting!

Just to give you an idea of where we are, Charlie, Deirdre and I have been in the studio the past month and recorded another 21 shows. That's what I'm now in the process of mixing, and that catches up on everything currently in the composer database. But wait, there's more! We've got another 75 songs in the preprocess queue that have been submitted but haven't yet been entered into the Composer database (I haven't forgotten about you, guys! ) - that's probably another 10 shows. So, as you can see, even though I haven't been talking much about the station lately, we're now finally positioned to feed a steady stream of new music to the station with shows being added every week. This was one of the first goals we were working for, and Charlie and Deirdre have been working their tails off to get it done (oh, yeah, working reeally hard, giggling, cutting up and drinking champagne while yours truly sits behind the scenes and twists knobs in a stunningly sober state. )

Gary and I are also cooking up some other cool stuff, including a series of programs showcasing the Top 40 of the recent competition, radio broadcast of the live performance for the winners, interview segments with judges and other notable figures (expect to hear from me soon, guys), and a few other things that I can't even talk about yet.

I just want to thank everyone for being so incredibly patient with me as I've worked to get the web site developed, broadcast infrastructure in place and all the studio work that goes with trying to produce quality shows worthy of the talent and creativity you guys exhibit. I know it's probably been a little frustrating to hear the station talked up, send in your tunes, and then have to wait and not hear them yet. I just wanted to take the time up front to do things right so that we'd have a good foundation moving forward. I'm now starting to close in on that goal, so thanks very much, all of you, for hanging in there with me as I was twiddling bits and turning knobs behind the scenes to get this thing ready for steady production.

I'm also starting to see a stream of people ordering GPO / GOS from the ShowProgramming.com online store and taking advantage of the Composer Channel discount that I'm able to offer. I just wanted to say thanks, very much, to those of you who are supporting the station in this manner. Since I'm not in the business of selling commercials, this really helps offset the expenses and will ensure that the Composer Channel stays on the air. Since my company has a small staff, more often than not your orders will get my personal attention and we get it out the door quickly (because I'm always impatient when I order new toys myself! )

Anyway, you'll now start seeing new shows up every few days on a regular basis, the composer database will be updated soon, and there's lots more cool stuff to come. Everyone who hears your work is blown away with the quality of what you're doing ("They did that on a computer???"), and we're all extremely psyched about bringing your music to an ever larger audience.

Music this good deserves to be heard.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Composer Channel: New shows for this week!

Chris,

Thanks for posting this. Our posts must have crossed - http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=31115

Gary Garritan

Chris, thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this! I've been enjoying the station for quite a while, and look forward to the new shows. You've really given us something spectacular.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: Composer Channel: New shows for this week!

I have to write in at least 50 characters in order to submit to this thread. All I really wanted to say in a word was, nice.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I have to write in at least 50 characters in order to submit to this thread. All I really wanted to say in a word was, nice.
    Yes, a BIG NICE!! would do it for me, too.
    So, what's up with this "at least 50 characters in order to submit to this thread" thing. This week is the first time I noticed it, and I encounter it every time I post, it seems (unless I get wordy, like this time)
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

At least I can say it's not my computer this time. I should invest in pewter instead of com-puter. At least that's something I couldn't possibly screw up!

Well, time to go to lunch. I got a hama sandwitch, a pickle, two twinkies and a cup a joe! Yuck! I'm going out for lunch. Anyone care to join me?

Hey Booboo! I got me a pickanick basket Boob!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    I just want to thank everyone for being so incredibly patient with me as I've worked to get the web site developed, broadcast infrastructure in place and all the studio work...
    Patient? Personally I'm floored by the work you've put into this.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    Patient? Personally I'm floored by the work you've put into this.
    What, you mean you're not... (wait for it) ... moved?

Sorry folks. You'll just have to listen to the shows with St. George and the Dragon to know what I'm talking about...
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum