• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for "big drum" libary for Giga

Share/Bookmark

Looking for "big drum" libary for Giga

Hello all,
    I'm new to the giga world and I was wondering any of you out there knew of a giga library of big drum sounds in the vain of Storm Drums? I know that Project Sam has True Strike but I wondering if there was one dedicated to drums/large percussion more then orch percussion.

Thanks
    Chris

Re: Looking for "big drum" libary for Giga

Larry Seyer drums. It's quite different from StormDrum, though. No ethnic percussion loops, etc., just very real kits, many of which are HUGE.

Thanks Nick, just downloaded the movie that Larry made and have been checking it out. I'm pretty sure I could find what I need in the mallet/tom selections and maybe some huge bass drums as well. Really like the stick position zones. Its really laid out nice good job Larry!

Chris

Rare Instruments has some taikos

Ethno World one had some great big drums

I also find alot of cool things in VRSounds Percussion set

True Strike ( I havent had time to fool with it, too busy) should have some nice stuff

VSL has a near ENDLESS amount of percussion stuff that can be made "huge"

Percussive adventures has some nice one shot hits that are huge

EWQLSO's percussion module has nice stuff, but you said Giga.

TOB's GTown samples have some toms and anvil hits and stomps that are great

Larry Seyer's acoustic drum lib looks good, detuning and using mallets should make for some big sounds, and unique stuff.

I know there's a ton of other stuff too. I'm sure there are a bunch of Ilio percussion libs that I havent even checked out (I keep seeing stuff I want but am always broke), re pitching every instrument you have and throwing it into an impulse (even non room impulses but weird acoustic sample impulses) can make for more andunique sounds.....also, find a friend that works at a drum/percussion shop Always the best way to get free and unique samples.

One could go on and on about percussion samples.
    Operation Mindcrime 2, in stores now.
    or go here...
    The Digital Bitphonic Orchestra
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Go Back to forum