• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Dramatic Chromatics"

Share/Bookmark

"Dramatic Chromatics"

Say hello to my "Dramatic Chromatics" This piece begins and ends in the key of B Major. In between I visit many other keys...hence the name.

This is a study in multi-transposition and can be a little unnerving because of the lack of a comfortable "home" key signature. You probably will either like it or put out a murder-for-hire contract on me.

The instrument is the GPO harpsichord with keyswitch B5.

Sincerefully yours,

Ol' Larry A.

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...Chromatics.mp3

Re: "Dramatic Chromatics"

I love it! I've always been a fan of "unusual" chord progressions. This is awesome! On my second listen now Some of these phrases remind me of something Danny Elfman would write.

Thanks Larry.
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    I love it! I've always been a fan of "unusual" chord progressions. This awesome! On my second listen now Some of these phrases remind me of something Danny Elfman would write.

Thanks Larry.
    Kin
    And thank you, Kin. I like the work of Danny Elfman although I haven't heard his music in a long time.

My best,

Larry A.

I like it!

I'll have to refer to this when I'm stumped on finding an unusual chord progression to use.

It kind of almost has a ragtime feel to it-- I'm reminded of G. H. Green's Chromatic Foxtrot xylophone solo.

Another fun piece from Mr. Alexander! I enjoyed this piece, especially the ending. The transposing keeps the ear from getting bored, yet they do not happen so quickly that can't make sense of it. At the rate you compose, are you sure you can't beat Bach?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Another fun piece from Mr. Alexander! I enjoyed this piece, especially the ending. The transposing keeps the ear from getting bored, yet they do not happen so quickly that can't make sense of it. At the rate you compose, are you sure you can't beat Bach?
    Herr Bach (or his ghost) has absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

Thanks for listening.

Regards,

Larry A.

Wink Re: "Dramatic Chromatics"

Hey Larry, this is so cool... i wish i had so much talent for chord progressions like You... i'm still imprisonned in the Static Harmony area

Talking Re: "Dramatic Chromatics"

Quote Originally Posted by Thud
    I like it!

I'll have to refer to this when I'm stumped on finding an unusual chord progression to use.

It kind of almost has a ragtime feel to it-- I'm reminded of G. H. Green's Chromatic Foxtrot xylophone solo.
    Thanks for taking the time to listen. You have to be very strange to write something like this. They are going to remove my straitjacket tomorrow.

Best,

Larry A.

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Hey Larry, this is so cool... i wish i had so much talent for chord progressions like You... i'm still imprisonned in the Static Harmony area
    Thank you very much for your comment.

Study, study, study. Write, write, write. Listen, listen, listen. Ask, ask, ask. Read scores, read scores, read scores. Experiment, experiment, experiment. Work, work, work.

Now, I am taking a trip to your website to listen to YOUR music.

Regards,

Larry A.

Talking Re: "Dramatic Chromatics"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Now, I am taking a trip to your website to listen to YOUR music.
    Thanks Larry for the trip and for the kind word.... but I know that i need to get back to learning chords theory...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast