• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio 3.0 announcement imminent???

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio 3.0 announcement imminent???

The tascam discussion forums have been down over the last few days for \"maintenance\". A note says that \"some good things\" will be happening soon... Anybody close to GS development care to comment? Is it possible that they\'ll announce something Real Soon Now(tm), or is tascam just sick of the complaining?

Does anybody here even care? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Keith

Re: GigaStudio 3.0 announcement imminent???

I continue to predict winter NAMM is what they are shooting for, if you want to call that \"imminent\". But you never know.

Winter NAMM -- that\'s what I am expecting as well. I just think it\'s wierd that the message board would be down for a couple of days for \"maintenance\". I can\'t imagine exactly what \"maintenance\" a COTS web-based message board could possibly require, unless you were a.) swapping it out for something more substantial (online customer service?) or b.) you were revamping the tascam site in line with some other major event.

Oh don\'t get me wrong -- I\'m marginally excited at this point; more curious than anticipatory. I\'m just taking advantage of the opportunity to fan the flames, start a rumor, etc. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Unbelievable how long it takes them to update their forum....

I\'d like to be in on that contract!

\"I\'m sure GS 3.0 exists, but they must be having difficulty working the bugs out of it.\"

Not quite that dire a story. There is just a lot of neat stuff going into it. Its certainly \"not\" buggy or prone to crashing.
    Cheers
    Dave

How long are they down? This is not a small minor update for sure. Who knows, maybe in a few weeks we\'re all be Giga 3-ing our buts off!!! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

------------
    Alex Cremers

At the risk of sounding jaded or pessimistic, I would hardly think that the introduction of GS3 would require taking down the entire Tascam Forum for three weeks, or that it would require taking the Forum down at all, for that matter. Let\'s face it, GS is hardly Tascam\'s core product.

I believe that events at the Forum fit squarely in the Margin of Statistical Insignificance and that we\'ll be waiting \'till NAMM before anything is introduced, at which time, the Forum will once again be overflowing with angry posts from users having bug and/or operator-error related problems. And....those angry posts will not subside until approximately three to four months before the release of GS4, at which time we will repeat the entire cycle all over again.

And....those angry posts will not subside until approximately three to four months before the release of GS4, at which time we will repeat the entire cycle all over again.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wow, your cynical pessimism is way better than my sarcastic optimism!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

- Keith

Go Back to forum