Tips for using GPO on the Mac:
1) Read the GPO manual at least twice.
2) GPO runs best off ram so do not install or turn on DFD.
3) GPO uses a lot of ram and it is best to have at least one Gig of ram in your mac.
4) Download and install the latest GPO update from http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html
5) On a dual cpu Mac you should use at least two instances of GPO (if using more than one instrument).
6) After installing/upgrading GPO (or any software on the Mac) you should run Disk Utility and repair disk permissions.
7) Run daily, weekly, monthly and update_prebinding from the command line like this:
I can run about 64 GPO instruments on my dual 1.8 G5 with 3 gig ram.
Launch the Terminal app in /Applications/Utilities/
At the prompt enter: cd /etc/
Then enter: sudo ./daily
it will ask for password.
Then enter: sudo ./weekly
Then enter: sudo ./monthly
Then enter: sudo update_prebinding -root / -force
The last one will take a couple min. or longer to finish.