• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yikes! Crazy White noise From Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Question Yikes! Crazy White noise From Kontakt

Hi guys,
    I have been looking around here for a similar thread but have not found anything like this: While playing using Kontakt (with or without Pro Tools)
    as I am using the Mod wheel I start to get this really LOUD and sudden
    white noise coming through the speakers. (intermittently) Thank God I was not wearing headphones the 1st time it happened! I have tried just using the Soft MOD wheel via mouse and I still get it. ANY ideas?
    Thanks for any help.

Re: Yikes! Crazy White noise From Kontakt

Studio,

This is a first. I'll have to ask Tom why he programmed the white noise in rather than the pink noise

Seriously, I don't know why this is happening. My guess is that it may have something to do with your sound card settings. Could be a compatibility issue too. Check the settings and make sure your card is set to 16/44.1 and you are using the ASIO drivers. Make sure you have the latest Player updates. If that doesn't work, email or call me with some specifics (Computer, soundcard, sequencer) and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Gary Garritan

Exclamation Re: Yikes! Crazy White noise From Kontakt

[QUOTE=Garritan]Studio,

This is a first. I'll have to ask Tom why he programmed the white noise in rather than the pink noise (snipped)

I wanted to follow up on this and let everyone know that this issue ended
    up being a chipset/hardware/Protools cause. I won't bore you with the details
    but it was NOT caused by Kontakt or GPO.
    Thanks,
    J

Re: Yikes! Crazy White noise From Kontakt

[QUOTE=Studio Padank]
    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I wanted to follow up on this and let everyone know that this issue ended up being a chipset/hardware/Protools cause. I won't bore you with the details
    but it was NOT caused by Kontakt or GPO.
    Thanks for the follow-up. A few years back I had a similar situation with (what turned out to be) a soundcard driver problem which caused an occasional blast of 0db white noise. Unfortunately, both I and a client *did* get nailed with headphones on at rather high level the first time it happened. Not a pleasant experience. Despite a variety of driver versions I never trusted that soundcard again and deep-sixed it at the earliest opportunity.

Tom

Go Back to forum