• Register
  • Help

Topic: World of Warcraft music - EWQLSO?..

Share/Bookmark

World of Warcraft music - EWQLSO?..

I was listening at the music of this incredible game, in particular at the Stormwind theme - 07, you can extract this with an MPQ extractor, and I was trying to reproduce the theme of this piece with EWQLSO... While I was playing with French Horns, with the original music as background I thought: "That' s EWQLSO!". In particular the sound of the ambience reminds me to the hall of EWQLSO, also the articulation of the snare drum in the back ground...

The choir, very impressive IMHO, is certainly a live registration upon the sampled orchestra part...

If you got the game, get a listen to this fantastic pieces, very useful as a source for inspiration for own projects (there is a folder with a lot of themes for every kind of "mood", such as "angelic", "mysterious", "battle")...

Paolo

Re: World of Warcraft music - EWQLSO?..

Glenn Stafford and Andrea Pessino have done music for the Warcraft series (Andrea is a member of Northern Sounds). Don't know about the French Horns, but for strings GOS was used in the music of Warcraft® III: Reign of Chaos.

Below are some excerpts from Warcraft® III: Reign of Chaos ("Blackrock & Roll" soundtrack track). The WarCraft games are produced by Blizzard Entertainment. Cue 1:
    Excerpt 1 (opening of Warcraft® III), Cue 2: Excerpt 2 Cue 3: Excerpt 3
    (Composed and performed by Glenn Stafford http://www.blizzard.com) Audio Samples from Warcraft® III: Reign of Chaos, Used by Permission from Blizzard Entertainment.

Gary Garritan

I have the game and have been playing since the start of Jan. The music is fantasic i must say! It's definity a mix of live instruments/vocals and samples. Or at least the vocals are live. And btw, The Stormwind theme is one of my favourites.

In the manual there are actually 4 composers credited. One thing is for certain though, all of them used the same sample sets or at least close to it. Because most of the songs sound overall very simular at least from a "samples" point of view. Full credit to the team on a great job with the music! I knew I should have pre-orded the collectors edition (with the soundtrack) when the game came out! On the next Warcraft game I will pre-order it that's for sure. Even though I have been saying that since the early days of Warcraft .

On a side note. While on the topic I thought I'd share a song I wrote after playing World of Warcraft. It's simular in some regards to Warcraft as I was inspired by the game during the time i wrote it. However, it's more a complete song rather than suited to one situation as with the music written for parts of the game. If you understand what i mean. Anyways, enjoy.
    http://206.169.164.231/kalescent/Sou...rez/JUTM_L.mp3

Good work Pete, there's some great stuff goin on in there.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    Good work Pete, there's some great stuff goin on in there.
    Thanks Scott! That's offically the first time I think I have posted some of my music .

The vocals are not all live. Symphony of Voices was used extensively, I recognize some of the patches there as being completely unedited and unprocessed

Woa! Do you use the same violon sample in American Mcgee Alice? (composer : Chris Vrenna)

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Glenn Stafford and Andrea Pessino have done music for the Warcraft series (Andrea is a member of Northern Sounds). Don't know about the French Horns, but for strings GOS was used in the music of Warcraft® III: Reign of Chaos.
    Actually, I believe the majority of the music was done by Jason Hayes (http://musicbyjason.com). Glenn Stafford I think was the musical director, however, he no longer works for Blizzard. Andrea doesn't either. He didn't do any of the music for WoW. In fact, he stopped doing music altogether and now is the technical lead and co-founder of a new developer called Ready at Dawn (http://readyatdawn.com)
    Cheers,
    Jamey

Thanks for the update. Hope Glenn and Andrea are on to bigger and betther things.
    Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by IOComposer
    Actually, I believe the majority of the music was done by Jason Hayes (http://musicbyjason.com). Glenn Stafford I think was the musical director, however, he no longer works for Blizzard. Andrea doesn't either. He didn't do any of the music for WoW. In fact, he stopped doing music altogether and now is the technical lead and co-founder of a new developer called Ready at Dawn (http://readyatdawn.com)
    Cheers,
    Jamey

I should clarify, Andrea is the one at Ready at Dawn, not Jason. Jason is no longer working at Blizzard either, but I don't know what he's up to (tho we share the same agent!)
    -Jamey

Go Back to forum