• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some demos of a new impulse response library

Share/Bookmark

Some demos of a new impulse response library

Hello all,

I have posted a few demos of my first and soon to be announced Impulse Response library on www.samplicity.com.

Have fun,

Re: Some demos of a new impulse response library

Hi Peter

I don't know much about hardware reverbs (other than I have heard of lexicon and eventide).

what is a T600 ??

It's a made up type name to avoid referring to the trademarked names TC Electronics and System 6000 on my website

Dear Peter,

I really like the demos. Great work!!

Do you plan to do the same thing emulating Lexicon 960 or Lexicon 480??

If you did, I personally and I know a lot of other people would be beating down your door. Think about it. You'd be rich, rich I tell you......eeeehehehehe.

Very, very promising work. I'm very excited about it as these are the first impulse reverbs I've heard that are close to what I like.

Cheers,

Jose
    P.S. What are the legal ramifications of the work you're doing. Is it legal to emulate hardware reverb units in impulse tech? Just curious if anybody has thought about this yet.

There are 480L and 960 impulses for altiverb which can be converted to work with other libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by giles117
    There are 480L and 960 impulses for altiverb which can be converted to work with other libraries.

Really, no way.

I'm kind of new to impulse reverb tech. Can you fill me in on what you mean when you say it can be converted to work with other libraries?

Thanks,

Jose

There are also some free impulses from the 480 and 960 on the NoiseVault forum, all of them in mono-to-stereo. Personally, now that I have been working for several weeks on this type of project, I think they could or should have been much better. I will post one free stereo-stereo impulse set next week that you can compare with the corresponding free mono-stereo impulse of the TC6000.

Hey Jose, thanks
    Indeed, one of my next projects will be the LX96, to give the animal a nickname I will also focus on surround, more for PostPro applications.

I will probably spend more time then on making variations of a smaller set of presets. I did that for 5 presets in my current library and in retrospect I really like that (different source position, different levels of early reflections, etc). This works especially well if you want to position different instruments and groups differently (kind of GigaPulse approach).

About legal ramifications: this is certainly not the first library emulating wellknown units with IR's. It is probably one of the first ones that is offered separately from a convolution plugin, like the Waves IR1 or AltiVerb. With these plugins you also get programs like "Lexington 48L". These devices were created for processing audio - and I use them for that purpose. Like a sample library from a Steinway grand piano. Of course this is emulation, not copying. The original devices/instruments are way much more flexible and powerful than the emulations, that will never be able to replace the originals.

Best regards,

peter,

do you plan to support Gigapulse?

best,

Yves

Yes, but not before the standalone version of GigaPulse is available. I don't know yet if it will mean much work for me, so I can't say anything about upgrading from this version to a GigaPulse version.

Cheers,

Go Back to forum