• Register
  • Help

Topic: White Sister Update

Share/Bookmark

White Sister Update

On some DVD's there was a nki (Kontakt) file that had some areas silent when played with the sustainpedal down.
    If you have this problem, you can download a new nki-file from http://www.sampletekk.com/wsresource.php
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: White Sister Update

Hello Worra:

Don't mean to be a pain, but where is the Black Grand crossgrade for GS3?
    I read your post that there were some problems with the files.

Is Tascam working on this or what? I'm anxious to try the piano in Gigastudio to see if it is much more efficient than in Kontakt on the Mac.

Thanks,

Tom Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by wolfetho
    Hello Worra:

Don't mean to be a pain, but where is the Black Grand crossgrade for GS3?
    I read your post that there were some problems with the files.

Is Tascam working on this or what? I'm anxious to try the piano in Gigastudio to see if it is much more efficient than in Kontakt on the Mac.

Thanks,

Tom Wolfe
    Hi Tom.

Here's the situation:

You need an .art file to apply to the new gig after importing the samples.
    Just saving an art-file from the exsisting GS3 version doesn't work since that art file expect the samplres to come in a different order, so the result gets all messed up.
    Tascam has assisted me in a workaround that means that you:

1. Import the samples to a new, empty gig
    2. Open the original GS3 version
    3. Copy the instruments in the original GS3 version
    4. Paste the instrument in the new gig file with the imported samples, the pasted instrument should then connect to the samples in correct order.
    5. Save an .art file from that gig.

Ok, so far so good, but when I try to copy an instrument from the original file, I'm getting "error writing chunk".
    This normaly occurs when your low on diskspace, but I assume that it might be a problem when copying a biiiig instrument to RAM, and I suppose that's what happens when copying an instrument.
    I've been in contact with Tascam and I'm supposed to give them some more info, but I haven't yet since I've been totaly swamped with a couple of new projects, but I will now write them a mail explaining what I do.
    I don't consider this to be an error in Gigastuidio since art-files are not supposed to work this way.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Worra:

Thanks for the update (re: Black Grand crossgrade)!

Good luck,

Tom

Go Back to forum