• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fender electric violin

Share/Bookmark

Cool Fender electric violin

Crusty little morsel.
    I just had the pleasure of trying out a Fender Electric Violin during lunch. Well, put the dang thing through some effect units and have yourself the time of your life! I'm not making an endorsement here, just thought you might be interested. I'm not a great violinist by no means but I do love the instrument!
    Crusty little morsel. < I just love that saying!
    Styxx

Re: Fender electric violin

A very good friend of mine got a Zeta MIDI cello a few years ago, and has been playing it a lot. I wrote a piece for him that made use of the cello's MIDI capability, as well as live effects such as delays, wah-wah pedals, fuzz boxes, and the like. It was actually a pretty bad piece, but we had a lot of fun with it.

Now we are talking about doing something a little more ambitious, for the Zeta cello and pre-recorded MIDI orchestra, including some GPO. If this happens at all, it probably won't be till next year sometime, but still, it's fun to think about.

I'd love to get a 5-string Zeta violin so we could do some duet performances, but all my money is going into Garritan products lately. Although, I'd be interested to know if it would be possible to play the Garritan Stradivarius Violin with a MIDI violin controller. It would probably be as close to playing an actual Strad as I would ever come.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Thumbs up Re: Fender electric violin

The Zeta is a very expensive instrument from what I recall. The cello from what I've read is made out of some sort of material that you can actually play out in the winter time with, or am I thinking of another manufacture? Regardless, having midi on a violin would be interesting to play with. The fender does not have midi.
    Bla bla bla right? Sorry.
    Styxx

Zetas are great, but the Fender sucks. An experienced player won't touch them unless the Zetas are out of their budget. Fenders don't sound like violins. Get a bow and a Strat, won't be much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    Zetas are great, but the Fender sucks. An experienced player won't touch them unless the Zetas are out of their budget. Fenders don't sound like violins. Get a bow and a Strat, won't be much difference.
    Oh yeah that's so true, but it was the effects we were messing with that was interesting. I have an acustic violin and could tell right off the bat.
    The Fender was plain old fun.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum