• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help me solve sound errors when using Bounce with Sonar 4 and Kontakt...

Share/Bookmark

Help me solve sound errors when using Bounce with Sonar 4 and Kontakt...

Hi!
    It seems that while I can do a "fast" bounce with some VST plugins, others like BFD and Kontakt loaded big samples dont work good. The instrument gets bounce but with errors. Is there any way to prevent those errors? I can fast bounce Hardcore bass, trilogy, EWQL Gold etc but a big piano loaded in Kontakt like Old Lady is a no go.
    Regards

Re: Help me solve sound errors when using Bounce with Sonar 4 and Kontakt...

Yes, It has been my experience that the larger the samples (i.e. memory used etc.), the more chance that you have that a fast bounce is going to eat it. Slow bounce is a drag, but can be avoided if you work at things in smaller chunks.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by SHAOLIN95
    Hi!
    It seems that while I can do a "fast" bounce with some VST plugins, others like BFD and Kontakt loaded big samples dont work good. The instrument gets bounce but with errors. Is there any way to prevent those errors? I can fast bounce Hardcore bass, trilogy, EWQL Gold etc but a big piano loaded in Kontakt like Old Lady is a no go.
    Regards
    I suppose this is obvious, but the other alternative is not to use dfd if you have enough ram.

At least with slow bounce, you can render it (even thought it takes very looooooooong).

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

So I am getting that I am not the only one slow bouncing some samples around here....

Quote Originally Posted by SHAOLIN95
    So I am getting that I am not the only one slow bouncing some samples around here....
    Until I pruchased more ram so I could avoid using DFD in Dumkit From Hell 2, I had to use slow bounce to avoid losing notes (and getting clicks). In fact, getting the slow bounce option (i.e., unchecking fast bounce) was one of the reasons I had upgraded from Sonar 2.xx to Sonar 3.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

same deal here, have to use slow bounce with Kontakt/Scarbee libs...
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Go Back to forum