• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Spellbound tune

Share/Bookmark

A New Spellbound tune

Well, I have written a new toon for our musical Spellbound. it's short and is a piece which is sung by the wizard "Garlan" when he returns and tells the adventurers of his perils. It is supposed to be accompaniment and so lacks the melody line which will be sung by Garlan, himself.

This is just a rough mix for now, as I got tired of messing with it. You know what it's like...you start off with a great new idea and start writing...then 3 days later, you hate it and never want to hear it again! Well, at least until tomorrow! Anyway, comments and suggestions would be appreciated since this is my first "real" attempt at using GPO with a sequencer. Hope ya like it

"Garlan's Return"

Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Re: A Spellbound tune

Nice work. You sure use a lot of really large jestures, I guess this wizard doesn't have good news for his trusty compatriots . Nice hopefull section in the middle.

I'd love to hear the melody from the vocal line to tie it all together. Is this all GPO?

Quote Originally Posted by robertb
    Nice work. You sure use a lot of really large jestures, I guess this wizard doesn't have good news for his trusty compatriots . Nice hopefull section in the middle.

I'd love to hear the melody from the vocal line to tie it all together. Is this all GPO?
    Thanks for your comments. I guess I could add the vocal line as an instrument...but it won't quite work without the lyrics

And yes, it's all GPO

Regards,
    Kin

Quote Originally Posted by neoTypic
    Wow, really superb stuff Kin.

Drat all you guys for being able to make stuff sound more realistic than I can do! *laughs*
    What are you talking about, Neo? Your piece "Forgotten" is fantastic. Much more musical than the stuff I write! Anyway. shush!

oh, and thanks for your comments on this piece

Regards,
    Kin

Thumbs up Re: A Spellbound tune

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    What are you talking about, Neo? Your piece "Forgotten" is fantastic. Much more musical than the stuff I write! Anyway. shush!

oh, and thanks for your comments on this piece

Regards,
    Kin
    Knock it off you two! If I had just one line that sounded as real as what you two (and more) have done, I would be the happiest man alive!
    Kin, love the brass section! The spaciousness and overall musical production is awesome! The mix? What's wrong with the mix?
    Nice....
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Knock it off you two! If I had just one line that sounded as real as what you two (and more) have done, I would be the happiest man alive!
    Kin, love the brass section! The spaciousness and overall musical production is awesome! The mix? What's wrong with the mix?
    Nice....
    Hehe, but my daddy is bigger than his, and my daddy said that his daddy has a big mommy too... but my mommy is VERY big....and...and....

Spanks for your comments Styxx. Personally, I think the mix is a bit messy and I need to start re-mixing it from scratch but hey, it'll do for now (since I'm fed up with hearing it!)

Toodle-pip,

Kin

Good God this is......... .......WOW (grabs jaw off floor).

You're not by any chance looking for a tenor for this show, eh?

I wish I had words to describe just how brilliant this sounds.

Thank you

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Quote Originally Posted by mfortunato
    Good God this is......... .......WOW (grabs jaw off floor).

You're not by any chance looking for a tenor for this show, eh?

I wish I had words to describe just how brilliant this sounds.

Thank you

- Michael
    Thanks for your comments Michael, glad you liked the music. We are actually looking for a good tenor for our next staging of the show. Are you based in NY? It is looking like we will open in Boston sometime in the next year to 18 months, if all goes well. Please send me a PM about your experience on stage and the shows you have taken part in, if that's ok.

Best regards,
    Kin

Superb. I just installed GPO last week and am feeling my way by transcribing some classic pieces into my notation programme and assigning instruments through GPO studio without, as yet, any fine editing. The results have amazed me. But your piece shows that there are a few mountains to climb. But what a view there must be up there. Your music also highlights GPO's biggest lack. Voice simulation. We don't expect words. But a sampled range of good SATB voices in solo and in section seems a natural addition to a great product. Indeed, I think they are working on it. Am I right?
    Best wishes, Dermod.

Quote Originally Posted by dermod
    Superb. I just installed GPO last week and am feeling my way by transcribing some classic pieces into my notation programme and assigning instruments through GPO studio without, as yet, any fine editing. The results have amazed me. But your piece shows that there are a few mountains to climb. But what a view there must be up there. Your music also highlights GPO's biggest lack. Voice simulation. We don't expect words. But a sampled range of good SATB voices in solo and in section seems a natural addition to a great product. Indeed, I think they are working on it. Am I right?
    Best wishes, Dermod.
    Hi Dermod,
    There are people on much higher mountains than I am, and they have an even better view But thanks, I'm glad you liked it. It only took about 2 weeks to learn the stuff I use in GPO and Cubase. Many others know a lot more and it shows in their music. For now, I continue to read, write, read, experiment...etc With regards to the SATB voices, I'm not sure what is planned with GPO. I agree, though...some would certainly be a welcome addition. I'm also very new to this, I only received GPO about 2 weeks ago and before that I had never even seen a sequencer so it's still like having new toys to play with for me Others will know, I'm sure.

Regards,
    Kin

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast