• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX/Logic - Multi Outs Not Working

RMX/Logic - Multi Outs Not Working

I'm sure this has worked for me before, but in a current mix I cannot get any sound out of the additional RMX outputs. I have say RMX outs 3/4 set up as inputs on an Aux channel, but as soon as I route an RMX mixer channel to the appropriate output, it mutes it from the main outs, but no audio apopears at the aux channel. If I route it to any RMX outs which aren't assigned to an aux channel, it correctly reroutes the audio back to the main outs.

Has anyone else ever seen this or have any ideas?

Re: RMX/Logic - Multi Outs Not Working

Multiple output handling varies from host to host. What host and operating system are you using?

- Glenn

Hi Glen

I'm running Logic 7.01 and OS 10.3.8 on a G5. Pretty sure it should be working, but even after a reload of the project I couldn't get it to work. RMX version 1.21 - pretty sure there hasn't been a more recent update. Tried reinstantiating etc., but no go. I'll try and run some tests today in a clean project, but any pointers appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

There's a bug in Logic 7 that prevents any audio from being processed in aux channels _until_ you hit Logic's play button at least once. Just press it once and you should be ok for the remainder of that Logic session. Apple is aware of it, so it may be fixed in a future Logic update.

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn - unfortunately it's not working still. Whatever's causing the problem here is not the Logic issue you mention.

I know it's worked in other projects, so I guess there's some project corruption or something going on here. I'll have to bounce stuff to get this mix finsihed, and then run some tests with a clean project. No doubt it'll be fine then.

Thanks again for all your help.

Go Back to forum