• Register
  • Help

Topic: WHat annoys me about G3

Share/Bookmark

WHat annoys me about G3

I always have to reset the view in the database. Half the time I can't tell which sample I going to load. I have to change the view to small icons or whatever. I don't remember this hassle in 2.5.

Any advice to end this madness?

Re: WHat annoys me about G3

Hmm. This doesn't sound familiar to me. Can you describe what you're seeing in more detail?

My only peeve is that I'd like to type in *.* and see all of the Giga files (gsp, gsi, and gig). Sometimes I can just type in "piano" and see all of the combinations, but if the developer didn't include the word "piano", that doesn't work.

-JF

Re: What annoys me about G3

There is a way to get multiple file types to show up in QuickSound.

If you want to see multiple gig file types use an "or" between each file extension.

i.e. *.gig or *.gsi or .*gsp

Sometimes I even add the *.wav to that search.

-Pooter

Thanks Pooter! That'll save me a bit of time on my searches.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Hmm. This doesn't sound familiar to me. Can you describe what you're seeing in more detail?

My only peeve is that I'd like to type in *.* and see all of the Giga files (gsp, gsi, and gig). Sometimes I can just type in "piano" and see all of the combinations, but if the developer didn't include the word "piano", that doesn't work.

-JF
    OH yeah and that too. I usually have to change the view to see all the long file names.

'Recently made changes' doesn't work that good. I usually end up doing an entire quicksound refresh.

Speaking of "refresh" ing the Quicksound database....
    One feature I would like to see would be to have an icon on the default screen that would allow you to "refresh" the database without having to dig for it .... A minor niggle , but a niggle just the same .... Jim

What annoys me is the head of this topic!

Go Back to forum