• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: RealGuitar Downloads Available at SOL

Share/Bookmark

RealGuitar Downloads Available at SOL

You need to check out this Virtual Instrument!

Watch the short videos to get a feel for the product then download a fully working version.

All of the links are here -

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=BS-388

Re: RealGuitar Downloads Available at SOL

Realguitar is a true inovation!

finally a "smart" midi engine that is transparent to the user!

I use this plug in intensively!!

well done!

Yves

Hi Doug,

I am a guitar-player myself and I listened to the demos. They sound nice. The duett is very sweet.

Greeting,

Blackster
    "Time is the best teacher. But unfortunately she kills all her students ..." - Terry Pratchett

www.genloc.net

Quote Originally Posted by Blackster
    Hi Doug,

I am a guitar-player myself and I listened to the demos. They sound nice. The duett is very sweet.

Greeting,

Blackster
    Download the fully working demo, I think you'll be very impressed. Many have tried to pull this off but I think these guys got it right.

- Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dougrogers
    Download the fully working demo, I think you'll be very impressed. Many have tried to pull this off but I think these guys got it right.
    - Doug
    I can tell you one thing: the funk guitar demo is totally unrealistic...

Doug, there's a small prob with the links to the video demos:

http://www.soundsonline.com/http://w...Chord_Demo.avi

If I use only the musiclab section of the URL, they download fine.

I agree with Patrick. The funk demo lacks realism. The duet lacks some dynamics. The slides in the blues demo doesn't sound like a guitar at all. It even brings up the association with general midi for me.

Agree that slides based on traditional pitchbending often give an instant GM feel, no matter how exquisite samples you use.

Haven't tried them yet, but maybe Ueberschall's "liquid" products using melodyne technology might finally do the trick. Without decent real time formant corrected pitch shifting it seems virtually impossible to get things right using samples only.

Still, RealGuitar can give IMO nice results relatively quickly.

With all due respect to Doug and Soundsonline whom are certainly on my top list of great developers and who have in the past posted some stunning demos for their products...

I'm sorry but this "RealGuitar" is not realistic at all to my ears and I would at the very least advise you guys to pull the demos off the site and hire some composers to create better ones that will actually help your sales.

IMHO, even the now ancient Hans Zimmer Guitars demos blow these ones away (not to even mention the Horizon Classical Guitar demos).

If this product is as revolutionary as you say, these demos certainly don't show it, ending up sounding rather fake and extremely stiff.

Sorry to be blunt, I generally like all of the stuff on your site but this one I have to really disagree on when it comes to realism.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    With all due respect to Doug and Soundsonline whom are certainly on my top list of great developers and who have in the past posted some stunning demos for their products...

I'm sorry but this "RealGuitar" is not realistic at all to my ears and I would at the very least advise you guys to pull the demos off the site and hire some composers to create better ones that will actually help your sales.

IMHO, even the now ancient Hans Zimmer Guitars demos blow these ones away (not to even mention the Horizon Classical Guitar demos).

If this product is as revolutionary as you say, these demos certainly don't show it, ending up sounding rather fake and extremely stiff.

Sorry to be blunt, I generally like all of the stuff on your site but this one I have to really disagree on when it comes to realism.
    I'm sorry middlephrase, but I beg to differ. Remember you can tweak the sounds in a piano roll if you want to....unlike Steinberg's virtual guitarist. Yeah, I know it's not perfect....but bloody hell what do you want? It would surely suit most (non guitar playing folk) in a mix...at least!

What guitar players (REALLY) need to remember is that people like me maybe don't play the guitar but we have ears and a lifetime's (I'm 60yrs!....match that!) listening experience...I'm not easily fooled and I think this piece of software is superb for what it does....it doesn't deserve to be demeaned....there is nothing that can match it.

Hans Zimmer's guitars are just samples....they've probably been tweaked to hell to sound good. Realguitar gets you to the foot of the mountains real quick so the tweaking will be minimised. Don't let me hear anything about learning to play a real guitar either....at my age it's just b******s. (IMvHO)

I'm so sorry to disagree.....there were similar opinions with Synful's violin....I just don't get it......

Frank

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast