• Register
  • Help

Topic: Synful Trumpet problem

Share/Bookmark

Synful Trumpet problem

Ok im using synful orchestra and the trumpet (and maybe the other brass) is having a very wierd problem. At random times, in slow expressive phrases the trumpet will randomly add in a slow, violin like portamento . Haha... i mean...its very strange. This would be great if string instruments did this on their own but on brass, 1. It sounds BAD. 2. Its not even possible.

Just wondering whether anyone else has had wierd pitch bend problems like this. i might be able to post an mp3 of this later

Re: Synful Trumpet problem

I remember having that happen on the violin. If memory serves it seemed to tie in with the sustain pedal being down. In any extent, it seemed to not happen if the pedal *wasn't* down. I learned to stay off the pedal. (It doesn't really help with monophonic instruments anyway.) Think that might be it?? Synful is cool but yeah, it will do some squirrely things at times.

Re: Synful Trumpet problem

I think that might be it. If thats the case ill leave the pedal down with the strings since it actually sounds nice then, and programming pitch wheel portamento is just boring as heck

Go Back to forum