• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: How big will GPO Advanced and Big Band be?

Share/Bookmark

How big will GPO Advanced and Big Band be?

I've been wondering this for a few weeks now, but I wanted to know roughly how big these two libraries would be?

I'm guessing about 10 gigabytes each, but I could be wrong.

If anyone in the know has some idea I'd really appreciate it. I'm getting a new portable hard disk and would like some input.

Thanks

Cheers
    Ben

Re: How big will GPO Advanced and Big Band be?

I am also curious of just what GPO Advanced will consist of? Is it all new samples? The existing samples plus more? The existing samples but different from how they are in the existing GPO? Is there going to be some sort of new style legato/portamento/repetition tools?
    If I remember correctly, GPO is about 2 gigs - how much more will there be?

Also... how much longer? Just wondering if this will change any of my purchasing plans for this year...

Surely there can be some kind of response to this? Was this information already discussed somewhere else?

Any curiosity satisfying info is appreciated.

And...perhaps more importantly...will we be able to COMBINE our current GPO with the big band GPJB??...I just can't wait to do all those Artie Shaw knockoffs with the strings and such...

A TOTAL RECREATION OF KENTON'S NEW INNOVATIONS!!!!

Yes...Mellophones, 16 trumpets, 11 saxes, 9 trombones, tuba, strings...CITY OF GLASS, here I come!!!!

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Jim,

Come on now, you know string sections can't swing.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by benjamind
    I've been wondering this for a few weeks now, but I wanted to know roughly how big these two libraries would be?

I'm guessing about 10 gigabytes each, but I could be wrong.

If anyone in the know has some idea I'd really appreciate it. I'm getting a new portable hard disk and would like some input.

Thanks

Cheers
    Ben
    Ben,

The Jazz & Big Band Collection is expected to be no larger than GPO. Not sure about the Advanced - we keep on adding instruments.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Ben,

The Jazz & Big Band Collection is expected to be no larger than GPO. Not sure about the Advanced - we keep on adding instruments.

Gary Garritan
    Hi Gary,
    what kind of instruments keep getting added into Advanced? Is it along the lines of (for example) more versions of solo strings and such to add more options (and perhaps a more advanced implementation?) of the ensemble building features?
    If it is possible for you to reveal this, how big is it now - regardless of what size it may be when done.

Don't want to pressure you with questions, but what can I say - inquiring minds want to know.

Smile Re: How big will GPO Advanced and Big Band be?

This is very interesting. I can't wait for this to be released. My assumption is that this will be the standard GPO instrument set with more solo instruments, non vibrato strings, col legno strings, added brass instruments (like the wagner tuba, euphonium, etc.) added percussion, and so forth. Just how many added instruments waits to be seen, as Gary has just intimated that more and more keep being added.

I was wondering, and maybe Gary can answer this, will GPO advanced be using the same version of the Kontakt player as the current standard GPO? Or will it be using a GPO version of the latest Kontakt player (version 2) which is being released very soon? If the latter, (and I am really hoping this), that would mean that Kontakt player for GPO would be optimized for the Altivec engine in the G4 and G5 Apple processors. Meaning a BIG boost in performance for those of us with macs.

Any info about the Kontakt aspect of GPO Advanced which you are able to talk about yet, Gary?
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    My assumption is that this will be the standard GPO instrument set with more solo instruments, non vibrato strings, col legno strings, added brass instruments...
    With the whole Ensemble Building aspect of GPO I can imagine this will allow for some rather titanic instrument sections, which is quite an exciting prospect.

This is very interesting. I can't wait for this to be released. My assumption is that this will be the standard GPO instrument set with more solo instruments, non vibrato strings, col legno strings, added brass instruments (like the wagner tuba, euphonium, etc.) added percussion, and so forth.
    Yep

I was wondering, and maybe Gary can answer this, will GPO advanced be using the same version of the Kontakt player as the current standard GPO? Or will it be using a GPO version of the latest Kontakt player (version 2) which is being released very soon? ...Any info about the Kontakt aspect of GPO Advanced which you are able to talk about yet, Gary?
    Jerry, this all depends on Native Instruments and their timetable and plans. There's not much I can say right now and I'll let you know when I have more information.

Would you rather a GPO Advanced sooner with the current Player or a GPO Advanced later with a new Player?

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum