• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Video Demo, Gladiator Ending with my original music.

Share/Bookmark

Smile Video Demo, Gladiator Ending with my original music.(Now Working)

Ok, first of all I'd like to say that, by NO MEANS do I think that Hanz Zimmer's score to gladiator is need of reworking. THe only reason that I did this scene was because it is one of my favorite movies of all time and I thought that the highly emotional content of the video would inspire me to write something decent. I actually did this piece a year and a half ago but never had a way to post the video part of it. So I recently bought a cheap video production tool (software) and dubbed my music into the video. I also tried to dub in the dialogue on another track with so-so results. Please dont grade me on that part as it was the best I could do with the original score still playing in the background of it. I tried to snip out just the words as best as possible. I'd also like to mention that this was done before I owned any orchestral libraries. It was done with a Roland XP-30, E-mu Virtuoso, and Symphony of Voices in Halion. Finally ( as if I havent already made enough excuses for myself ), the video HAD to be in WMV (crappy) format to be uploaded onto my host, acidplanet.com. Hope you enjoy and feedback is always welcome.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=495735&T=4827

Thanks, Eric
    Last edited by EricWatkins; 02-20-2005 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Bad Link

Re: Video Demo, Gladiator Ending with my original music.

it seems like it won't let you view the video unless you "register or log in". Am I doing something wrong?

Can you post an mp3 somewhere?

Red face Re: Video Demo, Gladiator Ending with my original music.

Sorry Guys, I didnt realize that acidplanet required registration to view video files. I guess I'm outta luck til I get my own site. Sorry.

Eric

Well, there are a number of free servers where you could quickly create an account and put up the one file - even Yahoo, or Lycos. Maybe others can suggest better ones.

yah man. now you got us all curious.

don't be a tease

Sorry Metro, I'll try to figure something out today.

Eric

Smile Re: Video Demo, Gladiator Ending with my original music.

OK, I got it working now. It takes a little while to buffer but it works. Sorry about earlier.

Eric

I Just listened by Shorts buffering,.. but i like it,
    you have a nice mix,
    But is hard to Score some scene or picture like a "Clasic" as Gladiator is, cose it has its own Music very very asociated, Good Experiment!!.

Cool!!
    D.M
    "God is Love"

Hey Eric. Excellent work. This is very competent and you show a real good command of your pallette.

Technical critique: is there some reverb on the dialog track? I'd take it off. It's really tough to have the dialog blip in and out as you well know, but I don't think the reverb helps much.

Creative Critique: great mix. Lovely lush sound. Pleasing music. Sometimes it's a bit too Enya for my taste, but that's just me. In particular 2/3 way through you have a pizz line that does very obvious broken chord notes. It doesn't create enough tension and doesn't give the victory it's tragic edge. But this is nitpicking - this is a great exercise that you executed very well.

and i'm not a pro so what do i really know??

Go Back to forum