• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Video Demo, Gladiator with my original music.

Share/Bookmark

Smile OT: Video Demo, Gladiator with my original music.

Ok, first of all I'd like to say that, by NO MEANS do I think that Hanz Zimmer's score to gladiator is need of reworking. THe only reason that I did this scene was because it is one of my favorite movies of all time and I thought that the highly emotional content of the video would inspire me to write something decent. I actually did this piece a year and a half ago but never had a way to post the video part of it. So I recently bought a cheap video production tool (software) and dubbed my music into the video. I also tried to dub in the dialogue on another track with so-so results. Please dont grade me on that part as it was the best I could do with the original score still playing in the background of it. I tried to snip out just the words as best as possible. I'd also like to mention that this was done before I owned any orchestral libraries. It was done with a Roland XP-30, E-mu Virtuoso, and Symphony of Voices in Halion. Finally ( as if I havent already made enough excuses for myself ), the video HAD to be in WMV (crappy) format to be uploaded onto my host, acidplanet.com. Hope you enjoy and feedback is always welcome.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=495735&T=4827

Thanks, Eric

Smile Re: OT: Video Demo, Gladiator with my original music.

OK, I think I've got it working now. It takes a little while for it to buffer but it does work. Sorry about the bad link earlier.

Eric

Re: OT: Video Demo, Gladiator with my original music.

That is a beautiful piece of work, Eric! Way to go!

What a creative mind you have! I am very impressed.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    That is a beautiful piece of work, Eric! Way to go!

What a creative mind you have! I am very impressed.

Best regards,

Larry A.

Thanks so much Larry for the kind words. I would have loved to rerender this with GPO when I got it but after getting started, I realized that sometimes it's good to leave well enough alone. Had I had GPO from the begining it would have been different. Thanks again.

Eric! What a glorious treatment of this section of film! Most, most impressive! Bravo x 1,000! Passionate, reserved-yet-powerful, and highly evocative.

See, I think this is great: the whole notion of taking a piece of existing film you love, and putting your own musical stamp on it. It's a great way to teach yourself. It's a fantastic chance to "build" music for scenework, as opposed to through-composing a piece. I'm all for it.

Wonderful work, Eric. Kudos!

Dude that's sweet.

Nice Job! I enjoyed it very much. Great way to enhance your sound-to-picture demo reel, too.
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

Holy moly! That was awesome!

Great job!!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum